Posted By
Aad
Dec 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi there,

I use Bridge as part of CS2 with WinXP2 and pick up al the updates. When using bridge to aply iptc info I found a problem.
If I want to change large series at once Bridge tends to mis a few files. (examp. select 80 files, write some iptc info, enter, bridge wil mis 10 to 15 files)
It doen’t happen every time but does come back now and then. If I select the missed files and try those again Bridge wil skip some files again.
Ending me to type the info 3 or 4 times.

Does anyone know this problem? Or better, have a solution? Thanks
Aad

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

H
Husky
Dec 31, 2005
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:56:21 +0100, "Aad" wrote:

Hi there,

I use Bridge as part of CS2 with WinXP2 and pick up al the updates. When using bridge to aply iptc info I found a problem.
If I want to change large series at once Bridge tends to mis a few files. (examp. select 80 files, write some iptc info, enter, bridge wil mis 10 to 15 files)
It doen’t happen every time but does come back now and then. If I select the missed files and try those again Bridge wil skip some files again.

Aad

Check the files with several different programs, the ones that are missed. Usually if IPTC exists, an invisible space misplaced qualifies as IPTC, it can’t be modified unless specifically told to over write.

That’s not a UNIQUE bridge problem. It happens in other programs that write IPTC to avoid Stupid mistakes like over writing IPTC that already exists.

more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html
A
Aad
Dec 31, 2005
"Husky" schreef in bericht
On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 18:56:21 +0100, "Aad" wrote:

Hi there,

Aad

Check the files with several different programs, the ones that are missed. Usually if IPTC exists, an invisible space misplaced qualifies as IPTC, it can’t be modified unless specifically told to over write.

That’s not a UNIQUE bridge problem. It happens in other programs that write IPTC to avoid Stupid mistakes like over writing IPTC that already exists. —
more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html

It still is kind of strange. I happens when trying to change a range of files coming (newly) from the same camera. Havent don anything with the file before those actions with Bridge. I only batch large series as the first handling. Provide the pics with my name, location, jobname etc. How can one file have other properties then another file? Aad

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections