Posted By
Hunibal
Dec 29, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using WinXP with SP2

Installed Adobe PS Elements 4 – worked for a few days and than every time I try to use it I get the following message:

"The action You have requested could not be completed because the application is not responding. I may still be loading or waiting for response from you."

I re – installed, but still the same.
Any thoughts on fixing this?

Cheers _ Hunibal _

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MR
Mike Russell
Dec 29, 2005
"Hunibal" wrote in message
Using WinXP with SP2

Installed Adobe PS Elements 4 – worked for a few days and than every time I try to use it I get the following message:

"The action You have requested could not be completed because the application is not responding. I may still be loading or waiting for response from you."

More than likely Organizer is prompting you for a backup and the window is hidden.

Use Alt tab to bring the Organizer window to the front.

To stop this go into Organizer Preferences (Edit > Preferences) and under Files uncheck the box "Automatically prompt to back up files and Catalog".

http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/archive/index.php /t-4491.html

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
H
Hunibal
Dec 29, 2005

Cheers _ Hunibal _
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Using WinXP with SP2

More than likely Organizer is prompting you for a backup and the window is hidden.

Use Alt tab to bring the Organizer window to the front.

To stop this go into Organizer Preferences (Edit > Preferences) and under Files uncheck the box "Automatically prompt to back up files and Catalog".
http://www.photoshopelementsuser.com/forum/archive/index.php /t-4491.html

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
How would I get there? I get the main "menu" and than what ever I select, the &%$#@ message pops up.
MR
Mike Russell
Jan 1, 2006
Using WinXP with SP2

Installed Adobe PS Elements 4 – worked for a few days and than every time I
try to use it I get the following message:

"The action You have requested could not be completed because the application is not responding. It may still be loading or waiting for response from you."

This may be an Organizer problem, and not one with PS Elements per se. Organizer sometimes puts up a warning dialog that gets obscured by PSE’s main window. Type alt-Tab multiple times to bring the organizer to the front, or ctrl-alt-delete to bring the Organizer window to the front.

I have taken the liberty of cross posting my response to alt.graphics.Photoshop, since you also posted your question there. It is usually better to cross post instead of duplicating your question. That way answers do not need to be repeated in both groups.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
H
Hunibal
Jan 4, 2006
"Mike Russell" wrote in message
Using WinXP with SP2

Installed Adobe PS Elements 4 – worked for a few days and than every time I
try to use it I get the following message:

"The action You have requested could not be completed because the application is not responding. It may still be loading or waiting for response from you."

This may be an Organizer problem, and not one with PS Elements per se. Organizer sometimes puts up a warning dialog that gets obscured by PSE’s main window. Type alt-Tab multiple times to bring the organizer to the front, or ctrl-alt-delete to bring the Organizer window to the front.
I have taken the liberty of cross posting my response to alt.graphics.Photoshop, since you also posted your question there. It is usually better to cross post instead of duplicating your question. That way answers do not need to be repeated in both groups.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
Thanx Mike,
Dose not work.

Cheers _ Hunibal _

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections