MV
Posted By
My View
Dec 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In my Layers Palette there used to be 3 columns.

The left-hand column had the "eye" for turning the layer on or off. The next column had icons such as a brush or chain (for layer links) etc. The 3rd column showed the image of the layer.

For some reason I have lost the 2nd column ie the one that shows the brush or chain etc.
I only have the "eye" column and the image column.

What can I do to get it back or is it related to certain tasks that you carry out on a layer?

regards

PeterH

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TE
Trace Elliot
Dec 28, 2005
My View wrote:

The left-hand column had the "eye" for turning the layer on or off. The next column had icons such as a brush or chain (for layer links) etc. The 3rd column showed the image of the layer.

For some reason I have lost the 2nd column ie the one that shows the brush or chain etc.
What can I do to get it back or is it related to certain tasks that you carry out on a layer?

regards

PeterH

I guess you have CS2?

The link column has been removed. You can now just select the layers you want to link (with Shift and/or Ctrl, just like in any other program) and then hit the Link Icon at the bottom of the Layer Palette.

HTH
MV
My View
Dec 28, 2005
Yes, I have CS2.

Are you saying there is no second column (for links, brushes etc) in CS2’s layer palette?

When I select layers and click on the link icon the link appears to the right of the layer image name and not in a separate column.

"Trace Elliot" wrote in message
My View wrote:

regards

PeterH

I guess you have CS2?

The link column has been removed. You can now just select the layers you want to link (with Shift and/or Ctrl, just like in any other program) and then hit the Link Icon at the bottom of the Layer Palette.
HTH
MR
Mike Russell
Dec 28, 2005
"My View" <no spam > wrote in message

You are describing the channel controls for CS2. Layer linking is now controlled using an icon located at the bottom of the palette, and acts on all the currently selected layers.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
MV
My View
Dec 28, 2005
Just answered that myself. Found a website that shows link column is no longer provided in CS2. Could have sworn there used to be one but must have been CS1 or PS7.

"My View" <no spam > wrote in message
Yes, I have CS2.

Are you saying there is no second column (for links, brushes etc) in CS2’s layer palette?

When I select layers and click on the link icon the link appears to the right of the layer image name and not in a separate column.

"Trace Elliot" wrote in message
My View wrote:

The left-hand column had the "eye" for turning the layer on or off. The next column had icons such as a brush or chain (for layer links) etc.
The 3rd column showed the image of the layer.

regards

PeterH

I guess you have CS2?

HTH

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections