BL
Posted By
brandon_lee_champney
Jul 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In photoshop they allow you to set scratch disks first, second, third, and fourth. I just found out today that it is best not to have your scratch disk on the hard drive (C) that has the system paging file. Is there any benefit in setting all the scratch disks to my F drive or do I just need to set the first one to F and none for the others? Thank you for your help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JH
Jake_Hannam
Jul 6, 2004
Brandon,

It depends on how many separate drives you have. Scratch disk uses available space for ‘overflow’ on whatever drives you specify. If you have more drives or partitions, you can specify them. If not, PS will ignore any non-existent drives.

Jake
L
LenHewitt
Jul 7, 2004
Brandon,

The only reason to set secondary, tertiary or quaternary scratch disks is if you run out of space on the primary scratch. If your primary scratch has sufficient space for your scratch file, then the other nominated drives will never be accessed for scratch use.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections