N
Posted By
Nige
Dec 6, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I consider myself to be an experienced Photoshop user, going all the way back to v3, but I still find myself using trial and error (and wasting an awful lot of paper and ink) because I don’t understand the basic process of getting printed colors to match what I see on screen.

I have a shelf full of books on Photoshop – all of which acknowledge that this is a complex area, but then go on to make it even more complicated by their use of impenetrable language and attempting to cover every possible scenario.

I’m not interested in web design – or color matching for commercial printing – I simply want my monitor and my inkjet printer to produce broadly similar colors with the mimimum of tweaking. Can anyone point me to a simple step-by-step guide through which this might be possible? I’m not looking for absolute color accuracy – just consistent, reliable results.

Surely this is not asking too much?

Any help would be gratefully received…

Nige

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
bmoag
Dec 8, 2005

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections