Posted By
Dave B
Dec 1, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
I’m getting two different CMYK values with a Pantone color I’m using in Photoshop and Illustartor (CS1 for both).

Both documents are in CMYK mode, one is a PSD, the other an ai.

In Photoshop, Pantone 674C translates into C23 M75 Y7 K0, but in Illustrator it’s C9 M67 Y0 K0

What’s up??

Thanks!

DB

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

C
Clyde
Dec 1, 2005
Dave B wrote:
Hi,
I’m getting two different CMYK values with a Pantone color I’m using in Photoshop and Illustartor (CS1 for both).

In Photoshop, Pantone 674C translates into C23 M75 Y7 K0, but in Illustrator it’s C9 M67 Y0 K0

What’s up??

Thanks!

DB

What paper is that for? Well more accurately, are you sure it is "C" in both programs. Because all those different Pantone libraries have a color close to that, but they may be 674U or 674M or something.

(I don’t have Illustrator to test it out.) My Photoshop CS2 shows 674C (Pantone solid coated) at C16 M75 Y1 K0. That is a little curious.

I’m also curious as to why you care. The point of Pantone is to get a standardized color that works everywhere. If you work from the same library it should be the same color. Then again, you may be just checking that.

Clyde
PH
peevee_hermann
Dec 1, 2005
On Thu, 01 Dec 2005 12:12:44 -0600, Clyde wrote:

Dave B wrote:
Hi,

What’s up??

Thanks!

DB

What paper is that for? Well more accurately, are you sure it is "C" in both programs. Because all those different Pantone libraries have a color close to that, but they may be 674U or 674M or something.
(I don’t have Illustrator to test it out.) My Photoshop CS2 shows 674C (Pantone solid coated) at C16 M75 Y1 K0. That is a little curious.
I’m also curious as to why you care. The point of Pantone is to get a standardized color that works everywhere. If you work from the same library it should be the same color. Then again, you may be just checking that.

he’s correct. Photoshop will break it one way and Illustrator another, even worse, Quark will break it another way, and they’ll all look different on press, and to further confuse the issue, your printer may want to add or subtract black once you get on press.
S
SCRUFF
Dec 1, 2005
"Dave B" wrote in message
Hi,
I’m getting two different CMYK values with a Pantone color I’m using
in
Photoshop and Illustartor (CS1 for both).

What’s up??

Thanks!

DB
Aren’t the pantone colors only called out for printing purposes? Why does it matter if they look a bit different on the screen as long as you know
what the color will look like when printed?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections