Recreating an Effect from Goblet of Fire… need direction.

U
Posted By
ubuu7
Nov 24, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
1st off

I know nothing!

So I’m sure this will sound like a 5 year old asking how nuclear fusion works, but bare with me.

I want to try and recreate an effect from the movie Harry Potter: Goblet of Fire.

It is in the scene where the two wands are cast at the same time and they become locked in a stream of energy, with a struggle of power between the two. stray streams of energy seem to detach from the main struggle like tiny flows of lava. It was a very nice effect.

THAT is what I seek to create. I have seen several demos and screen savers that utilize directx 9 shaders and other features, perhaps some open gl, to create 3d demos or screensavers.

For an example of what I’d like to attempt, try the bacteria screensaver from ati, a very nice effect.

http://www.ati.com/developer/screensavers.html

I realize that creating an effect like that in the movie is probably way beyond my league right now, but I seek the knowledge of where to go to even attempt such a project.

Which 3d program? Lightwave? Maya? not sure photoshop would cut it, but if it could please tell me.

What I need now is direction, but I WILL learn, and I WILL create an effect given time and the right tools.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections