Posted By
Dave Larcombe
Nov 22, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all,

I initially tried to set the white background of a gif file to transparrent but I could not find any clear directions from the help in Photoshop 7. So I then tried to change the background colour to a hex color setting, again I failed!

Could someone advise me what menu items etc I need to click to get the relevant selections to acheive the above?

I would be really grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Dave.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BubblyBabs
Nov 26, 2005
In the previous message Dave Larcombe wrote:

Hi all,

I initially tried to set the white background of a gif file to transparrent but I could not find any clear directions from the help in Photoshop 7. So I then tried to change the background colour to a hex color setting, again I failed!

Could someone advise me what menu items etc I need to click to get the relevant selections to acheive the above?

I would be really grateful for any assistance.

Regards,

Dave.

I don’t have PS7 but if it’s a single colored white background couldn’t you use the select color tool to choose the white and then erase it? Then save as a gif again?

Babs

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections