helenk_fl
Jul 2, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to finish a poster in 2 days.

The main idea is:
A long chain of film negative(folding in some part) extend to the top paper, inside the film negative is around 10 handbag pictures.

I need to add our product (handbags) into this long chain of film negative. Some part is easy, when the film negative is straight, but when the film negative is folding, how to make the handbag looking like folding at the same angle?

Should I try "distort_displace", if yes, how should I choose the option (it seems DOESN’T WORK FOR ME AT ALL!!)

Thank you so much!!

Helen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
BobLevine
Jul 2, 2004
Helen,

Please post only once. I’ve deleted your duplicate topics.

Posting over and over again will tend to aggravate those that can help you the most. Please have some patience.

Bob
RW
Rene_Walling
Jul 2, 2004
Distor may help you for the initial positioning of images, but you’ll probably need the Liquify options to give the image the right curvature.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 2, 2004
Helen,

See:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?13@@.3bb4dcc4/0

The same techniques can be used for your job
HF
helenk_fl
Jul 2, 2004
Thanks for All THE KIND HELP!

The thing is, it seems the displace only can make the picture looks like stick in the texture, but CAN NOT make the added picture looks like FOLDING with the film negative in a LARGE dimentional angle.

Maybe I didn’t use the displace the right way, or it is a completely different way?!!

If it is by displace, then maybe there is other instrcution for FOLDING materials in a LARGE angle, I mean not just stick on a straigt texture.

THANK YOU ???!!!!!!

helen
HF
helenk_fl
Jul 2, 2004
One more thing, here I need to make the product (handbag) pictures look like inside the file, but NOT stick on Surface of the film texture. That means, I basically don’t need and distort, except WHERE THE FOLDING ANGLE IS.

Kind Help??!!!!

Helen
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Jul 2, 2004
Maybe this is a good link:

<http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/folded/folded.htm>

Rob
HF
helenk_fl
Jul 2, 2004
Thank you Rob, I haven’t read the instrution yet, but it looks like IS THE ONE !!

THANKS!

HELEN
HF
helenk_fl
Jul 2, 2004
OH, still not the one (after I read)

The above instruction (folded paper) is telling how to make a ready paper into folded paper.

But my job: the film negative (paper) is already folded, but I have to put product(handbag) pictures into the film negative, and make them look like come with the film negative together.

And the problem:
How to fold the handbag picture the same angle as the film negative, especailly the film negative is not straitly folded, but curvely folded.

Kind Help??!!! U…r….gent!!
Thank you!!
HF
helenk_fl
Jul 3, 2004
I am finally OK based on what I got from the following message: CTRL + T (or EDIT_FREE TRANSFORM)
than, hit CTRL while draging the corner handle.

It is all about Perspective, rather than DISTORT_DISPLACE.

So far I am doing pretty good. Might post my final picture when done.

Thank you Len!
Thank you all for the inspiration!

LenHewitt –

Gary Hummell "Logotype on a car??" 7/1/04 4:07am </cgi-bin/webx?13/0>

The same techniques can be used for your job

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections