PJ
Posted By
Peter Jason
Nov 18, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have WindowsXP pro and Adobe Photoshop 5.5.

I collect numerous photos of varying quality in an Explorer folder.

I move each of these into Photoshop by the "right-click \open with\AdobePhotoshop" method.

This works well for one image, but if I select multiple images (via the ctrl-click method) only one image is opened!

I want to move several images at once into Photoshop using the Ctrl-click method.

Please help, Peter

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
Brian
Nov 19, 2005
Peter Jason wrote:

I move each of these into Photoshop by the "right-click \open with\AdobePhotoshop" method.

This works well for one image, but if I select multiple images (via the ctrl-click method) only one image is opened!

I want to move several images at once into Photoshop using the Ctrl-click method.

Please help, Peter
Hi Peter,

this can be achieved with relative ease. Have PS open and then go to Explorer where the images are. Highlight/select all the images you want to open in PS. Drag one of the images (all the selected images will move together) to the PS button on your task bar, hover there without letting go of the mouse till PS pops up, now drag the images to the middle of the screen and let go of the mouse button. All images will open up in PS.

If I did not explain that too well, please let me know and I will explain in better.

Regards,
Brian.
N
noone
Nov 19, 2005
In article <437e75fe$0$26311$>,
cooloox_at_optusnet.com.au says…
Peter Jason wrote:

Please help, Peter
Hi Peter,

this can be achieved with relative ease. Have PS open and then go to Explorer where the images are. Highlight/select all the images you want to open in PS. Drag one of the images (all the selected images will move together) to the PS button on your task bar, hover there without letting go of the mouse till PS pops up, now drag the images to the middle of the screen and let go of the mouse button. All images will open up in PS.
If I did not explain that too well, please let me know and I will explain in better.

Regards,
Brian.

Or, open PS, then click File>Open to get the dialog box (similar to WinExplorer) and navigate to your folder, Click, Ctrl-Click the files that you want there, hit Open. If you have the resources, they will all open.

Hunt
PJ
Peter Jason
Nov 19, 2005
Thanks, this what I wanted.
Regards, Peter

"Brian" <cooloox_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
Peter Jason wrote:

Please help, Peter
Hi Peter,

Regards,
Brian.
PJ
Peter Jason
Nov 19, 2005
"Hunt" wrote in message
In article <437e75fe$0$26311$>,
cooloox_at_optusnet.com.au says…
Peter Jason wrote:

I want to move several images at once into Photoshop using the Ctrl-click
method.

Please help, Peter
Hi Peter,

Regards,
Brian.

Or, open PS, then click File>Open to get the dialog box (similar to WinExplorer) and navigate to your folder, Click, Ctrl-Click the files that you
want there, hit Open. If you have the resources, they will all open.
Hunt

Thanks, this is what I have been doing; but the small window shown in PS cannot be enlarged and only shows about three images before scrolling is required.
Peter.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections