Posted By
Michael_J_Griffin
Jul 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,

I have a question on printing to the Canon i9900 (color prints are beautiful!).

When I attempt to print using Print & Preview, the Calibration Bars option is grayed out as is Interpolation. The other options (registration marks, crop marks, etc.) are all available. I notice when I change to my HP Color LaserJet 8000DN PostS. or PCL the option is available.

Is this not possible on the Canon printer? I have downloaded the latest drivers… I do a lot of outside printing and the calibration bars are nice to have.

My config is: Windows XP Pro, Sony Vaio with 1GB memory, printing using Firewire port.

Thanks,
MJG

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

GH
Gary_Hummell
Jul 1, 2004
My understanding is that the calibration bars feature is not supported by the Canon printer driver.

Gary
CC
Chris_Cox
Jul 4, 2004
Many of the options are PostScript specific, and your printer is not a PostScript printer.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections