RK
Posted By
Rod_Klein
Jun 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I save a nikon or kodak raw file as a 16bit tif, and what to uprez in Genuine Fractals, I must change the file to 8bit as GF does not work in 16bit.

If I save the uprezed GF image back as a 16bit tif, am I actually getting "real" 16bit color, or is that information lost when I make the first conversion from 16bit to 8bit.

Please advise.
Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

PF
Peter_Figen
Jun 29, 2004
It’s forever lost. BTW, you’ll probably find that the new interpolations in CS will be better than GF and a whole lot faster to boot.
RK
Rod_Klein
Jun 29, 2004
Ok, thanks….so, can I uprez in 16bit using CS?

Can you give a quick workflow of uprezing in CS.

Thanks in advance…
PF
Peter_Figen
Jun 30, 2004
What could be quicker than choosing Image Size and plugging in the numbers you want. You can also choose at that time between three different types of bicubic interpolation. When I’m rezzing up digital files, I usually try and go in even increments percentage-wise, like 150% or 200%. You will usually choose Bicubic Smoother for uprezzing, but sometimes the standard Bicubic works better for skin
GD
gerard_de_Wit
Jul 1, 2004
Now, with Genuine Fractals 3.5 and Genuine Fractals PrintPro 3.5 you can locate your digital images more quickly and easier than ever before. Improved thumbnail handling and file browsing within Photoshop file browser and Windows explorer means you’ll have all your digital images at your fingertips. Additionally, Genuine Fractals PrintPro 3.5 now supports 16-bit images in RGB and CMYK. You can also:
· Increase the resolution and size of your images without degrading the image quality. · Save the expense of scanning high-resolution images with LizardTech’s scalable resolution-free image format. Working with Genuine Fractals’ smaller, more agile images saves time and money
· Get the most from your digital camera. If your mega-pixel digital camera images look great at 4×5 but you want an 8×10 or 16×20, Genuine Fractals can make the enlargement look as sharp as the original. See why digital imaging professionals have made Genuine Fractals plug-ins the preferred software solution for creating enlarged high-quality images within Adobe® Photoshop®.
P
pboone
Jul 2, 2004
Service with a smile!
PF
Peter_Figen
Jul 2, 2004
Was that an advertisement or what? All I can say, is do the interpolation in both programs and compare them yourself. Make up your own mind what’s better for YOUR images and output.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections