Posted By
robert bigley
Oct 31, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi, wondering if anyone can help.

I occasionally get pictures sent to me in email which are massive, 1 to 2 MB (real estate)…..and I have to somehow compress these to put on a website.

Can anyone recommend a decent freeware program that would easily enable me to compress images to a manageable size?

TIA

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
br
Oct 31, 2005
"robert bigley" wrote in message
Hi, wondering if anyone can help.

I occasionally get pictures sent to me in email which are massive, 1 to 2 MB (real estate)…..and I have to somehow compress these to put on a website.

Can anyone recommend a decent freeware program that would easily enable me to compress images to a manageable size?

TIA
To compress, 7Zip uses the 7z format, it can also deal with most compressed files, like Winrar and Winzip, it’s freeware. http://www.7-zip.org/

To resize, irfanview, it’s freeware.
http://www.irfanview.com/
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 31, 2005
"robert bigley" wrote in message

Robert,

If the pictures are sent to you as jpg’s, then you need to resize your pictures, not compress them.

Photoshop will do this using the Image>Resize Image… command. If you don’t own Photoshop, try www.irfanview.com, which can accomplish the same thing.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections