Posted By
Dan
Oct 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a jpeg that is 745 pixels by 545 pixels.
At this size the print size is 7.5" x 10.3.
Is there any way of making the print size smaller without changing the pixel size?
I’m not looking to making a print but if someone was I would like it too be smaller.

Thanks
D.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

A
Avery
Oct 30, 2005
On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:02:50 -0500, "Dan" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any way of making the print size smaller without changing the pixel size?
I’m not looking to making a print but if someone was I would like it too be smaller.

Thanks
D.
That print size is at 72 pixels per inch. Not really good enough for printing If you increase the ppi to say, 150 without resampling you might have a chance of making a reasonable 5 x 3.5 print. The jpg will still, of course, look the same on the screen.
MR
Mike Russell
Oct 31, 2005
"Dan" wrote in message
Hi,

Is there any way of making the print size smaller without changing the pixel
size?
I’m not looking to making a print but if someone was I would like it too be
smaller.

Hi Dan,

Usually you don’t need to worry about the size associated with the image, since the printing software will take care of it. If you want to change it, though, right click on the banner at the top of the image, and change the image’s size, making sure that the "Resample Image" box is not checked.

I would not hesitate to print your image at 4×6. The quality will not be the best but it will be adequate for a snapshot.

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com
T
Tacit
Oct 31, 2005
In article
wrote:

Yes. Use the Image Size command. Turn off "resample image" and enter the size you want the image to print.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections