Adobe Photo Shop Forum
6-24-04

Adobe Photo Shop CS 8.0
Dell Computer
XP Operating System
Epson Stylus Photo 2200 Printer

Problem Discription:

Adobe Photo Shop is open and running. I then do the following:

File, Open, (choose the 2 photo images I want to merge). Once they are open, I then go to File, Automate, Photomerge, Use Open Files, and click OK.
After the program starts to merge the images, it skips straight to the Untitled-1 image. There is only one image in this box.

This does not happen to all of the images I use Photomerge with, just randomly.

When it runs its course properly, File, Automate, Photomerge, Use Open Files and I click OK, the Photomerge box opens and I can line up the to images, click ok and it creates the merged image and I save it as I want.

It seems as if there is a bug in the process of Photomerge. Please advise.

Thank you,
Pam

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

JH
Jim_Hess
Jun 28, 2004
I have not used the Photomerge option using files that are already open in Photoshop CS, so I’m not sure of the behavior. And I don’t have Photoshop CS on my computer here at work. First, a question. When you have two images that behave as you have described, does it happen every time on those images? If that is the case, is it possible that Photoshop cannot merge those two images. I usually choose my images from a list and then let Photoshop open those images and merge them. And sometimes it will leave an image out, but displayed across the top of the Photomerge screen and I receive a message that it couldn’t be included. That is usually an indication that there is something about that particular image that makes it so that Photoshop cannot find enough information to create the merge. Perhaps this is your problem.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 29, 2004
Don,

I have moved your previous post to join this one. Please keep ONE question to ONE topic. Not only will that make it far easier for you to find the relevant replies, and for others to see what has already been suggested, but also has the added advantage of avoiding upsetting the natives…
D
donjud
Jul 2, 2004
07-02-04

When I do my Photomerge, the open files appear in a dialog box and I choose them from there.

I will attempt to choose them from the browser and Automate them from there.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Pam Cotte/Don Judson

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections