JS
Posted By
james_schot
Jun 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there anyplace to get a COMPREHENSIVE explanation / education on Actions? (Already have KOST & TOTAL TRAINING, which are not total.)

Several times using batch in the browser (select all – many images)following an action I have created, each file goes through action opening a Embedded Profile Mismatch (in my case sRGB to convert to working RGB),
which I have to O.K. each and every image. Not very automated.

I need to learn how to get around this.

Also in my actions I add a save or save as command and I notice afterwards my Actions Palette will have a long list of save (s), like for every image. Thought one (1) save Action would represent the entire process but it does not seem so.

Need to learn about the Saving of many (multiple) images after the recorded Actions are completed

Appreciate any assistance.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MR
Michael Riddle
Jun 27, 2004
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:45:13 -0700, wrote:

Is there anyplace to get a COMPREHENSIVE explanation / education on Actions? (Already have KOST & TOTAL TRAINING, which are not total.)
Several times using batch in the browser (select all – many images)following an action I have created, each file goes through action opening a Embedded Profile Mismatch (in my case sRGB to convert to working RGB),
which I have to O.K. each and every image. Not very automated.

In the "Batch" dialog box check "Suppress Color Profile Warnings" if you would like to suppress color profile warnings
I need to learn how to get around this.

Also in my actions I add a save or save as command and I notice afterwards my Actions Palette will have a long list of save (s), like for every image. Thought one (1) save Action would represent the entire process but it does not seem so.

Need to learn about the Saving of many (multiple) images after the recorded Actions are completed

Be sure you have a specific reason to for your action to have a "save" ( I can’t think of any) or "save as" (such as saving a psd file as a jpg) for actions which you are going run as a batch. If you don’t, leave it out of the action, and check "Save and Close" as a destination in the "Batch" dialog box. If you must include a "Save As" command in the action, be sure the destination is set to "None" and take care of the destination in the action itself .

By the way, if you need to reuse an action with the "Save As" command and change to folder to which your files are saved, you will need to select the "Run Again…" command from the action menu to select the new folder.
Appreciate any assistance.
DR
Danny_Raphael
Jun 28, 2004
For a comprehensive tutorial on actions, see: <http://www.AtnCentral.com>

Via an e-mail exchange, James and I determined that to suppress the profile mismatch messages, click on the "Suppress Color Profile warnings" option in the File Browser/action dialog.
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 28, 2004
Comprehensive is a weak word to describe your tutorial, Danny ;~) Are we far from V2?
DR
Danny_Raphael
Jun 29, 2004
Hi Pierre:

I originally envisioned v2 to be a complete format retooling and conversion to .pdf format. At this point I don’t see that happening anytime soon. It would take about a year (at my pace) to do.

If all goes well, 1.1C (a lot of new content, current format) should be available ~ September 1.

~Danny~

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections