Re-install of PS-CS after clean re-install of WIN XP home ed.

KP
Posted By
Keith_Perdue
Jun 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After a clean re-install of WIN XP home ed. I re-installed PS CS without problem. Everything functions fine except there is now a strange texture on all my photos, almost as if there’s a glitch in the resolution or something. This also occurs when I’m browsing on the web while PS CS is on. I’ve tried changing resolution in the Settings in Display Properties, but this has no effect. I use the 32-bit highest quality color setting. I use the RGB 8 bits/chnl color mode in PS CS, and changing these settings has no effect either. This makes my pictures and photos look as if they’re printed on canvas. Also, in the Color Palette, each of the color squares has a sort of grid with the color, it looks like little tiny X’s, and X’s with dots if I enlarge the view. This be driving me nuts, I have a very hard time trying to describe it correctly and have not yet been able to troubleshoot this problem due to my inability to accurately describe this condition. My DELL has a P4 HT 3.06 CPU, 2 Gb RAM, WIN XP home edition and PS CS.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
BobLevine
Jun 25, 2004
Sounds like a video driver problem to me. Did you use the manufacturer’s driver or did you use the native Windows driver? Do you have the refresh rate set to its highest setting?

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 25, 2004
I agree. update the drivers and up the refresh rate. good post bob.
KP
Keith_Perdue
Jun 25, 2004
OK, when I checked on the refresh rate it displays a window with the statement that the default speed is being used, whatever that may be. I could find no place to change the refresh rate.
KP
Keith_Perdue
Jun 25, 2004
Bob- I used the disc to re-install WIN XP, so I assume the driver on it is what is being used. Is there a way for me to check myself?
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 26, 2004
go to the video card manufacturer’s web site (ati? nvida? etc.) and get the latest xp driver for your specific card.
B
BobLevine
Jun 26, 2004
I agree. Good post, Dave! <g>

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 26, 2004
<nodding> 🙂

and in answer to the possible OP’s reply, you can probably find out what card you have in your system by right clicking my computer, selecting properties, clicking hardware tab, then device manager and look for display adapters.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections