W
Posted By
wruffner
Oct 17, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
During a recent event, I should’ve had a lot of personal business cards with me. Due to the nature of the event, it would’ve been useful to have a similar portrait of myself on the card too. The idea is only to tie name to the face. Nothing glamorous.

I like the wood-cut style portraits in the Wall Street Journal, and would like to approximate something like that.

So: A tiny half-inch-squared B&W laser printed image on office-supply perf-cut business card stock. (Since the waterproof-ness of the laser printing is needed, I won’t be doing ink-jet.)

Suggestions for a simple technique please?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WO
Wizard of Draws
Oct 17, 2005
On 10/17/05 12:59 PM, in article ,
"Wayne R." wrote:

During a recent event, I should’ve had a lot of personal business cards with me. Due to the nature of the event, it would’ve been useful to have a similar portrait of myself on the card too. The idea is only to tie name to the face. Nothing glamorous.

I like the wood-cut style portraits in the Wall Street Journal, and would like to approximate something like that.

So: A tiny half-inch-squared B&W laser printed image on office-supply perf-cut business card stock. (Since the waterproof-ness of the laser printing is needed, I won’t be doing ink-jet.)

The portraits in the WSJ are pen and ink technique done by hand. Probably an artist is your best bet for best results.

There used to be a pretty decent Photoshop crosshatch filter at Inklination.com, but that doesn’t seem to be a valid URL anymore. —
Jeff ‘The Wizard of Draws’ Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com
TR
Todd Radel
Oct 17, 2005
Flaming Pear india ink filter does a good job of recreating this photograph style
"Wayne R." wrote in message

T
Tacit
Oct 18, 2005
In article ,
Wayne R. wrote:

This question is asked about once a month on one of the Photoshop forums.

There are filters, such as Andromeda Screens, which will break a photo up into lines. However, you will never get results that look anything like the Wall Street Journal.

The images in the WSJ are not done on a computer, and there is no computer program or filter that will produce those effects. The WSJ is quite proud of its illustrations, because every one of them is done by hand by a skilled artist, without using a computer at all.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections