Posted By
Crazy1
Oct 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Photoshop CS2

At "save as" I cannot choose JPEG, GIF anymore, only TIFF, PSD, RAW and a few others.

What happend ??? Did I change a setting maybe ??

Who can help please.

Thanks,
Harry

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

CW
C Wright
Oct 13, 2005
On 10/13/05 1:13 PM, in article
434ea3f7$0$775$, "Crazy1"
wrote:

Photoshop CS2

At "save as" I cannot choose JPEG, GIF anymore, only TIFF, PSD, RAW and a few others.

Who can help please.

Thanks,
Harry
Are you trying to save a 16 bit image? Images must be in 8 bit mode to save them as jpeg’s.
Chuck
AS
Alan Smithee
Oct 13, 2005
Crazy1 wrote:
Photoshop CS2

Who can help please.

Thanks,
Harry

Try using "Save for Web" instead I think it takes a 16-bit file and 8-bits it for you.
C
Cartman
Oct 13, 2005
"Crazy1" wrote in
news:434ea3f7$0$775$:

Photoshop CS2
At save as" I cannot choose JPEG, GIF anymore, only TIFF, PSD, RAW and a few others.
Who can help please.

Thanks,
Harry

Check the image has been flattened (only one layer) and extra channels/paths have been deleted.
T
Tacit
Oct 14, 2005
In article <434ea3f7$0$775$>,
"Crazy1" wrote:

You scanned your image as a 16-bit-per-pixel image. Go to the Image->Mode command and choose 8 bits/channel.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
nomail
Oct 14, 2005
Cartman wrote:

"Crazy1" wrote in
news:434ea3f7$0$775$:

Photoshop CS2
At save as" I cannot choose JPEG, GIF anymore, only TIFF, PSD, RAW and a few others.
Who can help please.

Thanks,
Harry

Check the image has been flattened (only one layer) and extra channels/paths have been deleted.

No, that isn’t the reason. If you have extra layers and/or channels, you still see the option to save as JPEG. You also see a warning that you can only save a (flattened) copy, though. If you do not see JPEG listed at all, the reason is that the file is 16 (or 32) bits per color.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections