Posted By
Richard
Oct 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey all,
far from being a photoshop wizard, i find now im pretty competent, several years and MANY books later.. Anyway, im looking for a book now that isn’t a how-to book, but something that is more inspiring creatively. In fact i like to experiment with how to achieve certain effects, without instructions..i LOVE the art of photoshop, Sandman dustcovers by McKean, photo art etc..any more suggestions for books that inspire instead of instruct? Cheers all

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Peter
Oct 9, 2005
I would go to local museums, travel to non-local ones.

Look in the Web for links to online exhibits. IMNVHO, books are only the start. You must see what inspires you and the only way is to broaden your search. Does pure graphics do it, try Escher, does weird and out of place, try Ernst. The search can take years, but certainly is not time wasted.

Peter
All things being equal,
a fat person uses more soap
than a skinny person.

"Richard" wrote in message
hey all,
far from being a photoshop wizard, i find now im pretty competent, several years and MANY books later.. Anyway, im looking for a book now that isn’t a how-to book, but something that is more inspiring creatively. In fact i like to experiment with how to achieve certain effects, without instructions..i LOVE the art of photoshop, Sandman dustcovers by McKean, photo art etc..any more suggestions for books that inspire instead of instruct?
Cheers all
WD
Walter Donavan
Oct 9, 2005
"Photoshop Studio with Burt Monroy." Using Photoshop for fine art and photorealistic painting. Superb.

"Richard" wrote in message
hey all,
far from being a photoshop wizard, i find now im pretty competent, several years and MANY books later.. Anyway, im looking for a book now that isn’t
a
how-to book, but something that is more inspiring creatively. In fact i
to experiment with how to achieve certain effects, without instructions..i LOVE the art of photoshop, Sandman dustcovers by McKean, photo art
etc..any
more suggestions for books that inspire instead of instruct? Cheers all

LK
Laura K
Oct 9, 2005
"Richard" wrote in
news:%9%1f.1351$:

hey all,
far from being a photoshop wizard, i find now im pretty competent, several years and MANY books later.. Anyway, im looking for a book now that isn’t a how-to book, but something that is more inspiring creatively. In fact i like to experiment with how to achieve certain effects, without instructions..i LOVE the art of photoshop, Sandman dustcovers by McKean, photo art etc..any more suggestions for books that inspire instead of instruct? Cheers all

Try the Friends of ED Books (ED=Electronic Design), particularly Masters of Photoshop
http://www.friendsofed.com/newmasters/photoshop/
JK
JP Kabala
Oct 10, 2005
"Walterius" wrote in message
"Photoshop Studio with Burt Monroy." Using Photoshop for fine art and photorealistic painting. Superb.
Fantastic book… but I’m a longtime fan…

also two others Bert himself recommended to me (when I ran into him in Boston at PSW)

Art of Photoshop, Daniel Giordan
http://tinyurl.com/76qym

and the decidely quirky but fascinating
Illustrations with Photoshop: A Designer’s Notebook from O’Reilly press– this is a translation of a book written in French
http://tinyurl.com/8chst

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections