CK
Posted By
Cathy_Keller
Jun 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Recently, I have been losing all my settings (color settings, preferences, and filter/automation "last settings" everytime I reboot. Prefs such as the "maximize compatibility" and the source and destination selections for web photo gallery return to defaults. I have been using CS for about 5 months and this just started happening. Any suggestions?
Cathy

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

L
LenHewitt
Jun 24, 2004
Cathy,

That indicates that your preference file is not being saved correctly. You ARE closing down Photoshop BEFORE closing down the machine aren’t you?
CK
Cathy_Keller
Jun 24, 2004
Well, maybe…or maybe not! I usually leave PS open always for quick digital photo activities (this is my laptop, not work machine which I don’t seem to have this problem with)…When I reboot, it’ usually related to a different event. I will try rebooting with PS closed…thanks!
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 24, 2004
Of course, you NEED to close Photoshop properly, otherwise, it won’t save the preferences…

Make sure as well that you don’t have a program like Deepfreeze, who resets the machine to a previous state at each boot…
CK
Cathy_Keller
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks, all. I’m sure that’s the issue because I’ve only recently started leaving PS open all the time so I can get at it more quickly…shame on me…I KNOW better. Thanks again,
Cathy

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections