PS
Posted By
Pavel_Sokolov
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sometimes ( I can not remember the all periods )photoshop cs ask me for reactivation. Something like "license data is missing please reinstall and reactivate software". It’s frustrate me because in the last time I have reinstalled CS a 4 days ago ( with advanced uninstall and keeping all settings ) and install with activation. But today I have received this message again, why ? I’m not use any cleaners and other software that can remove data from registry. Can you help me?

ps. I’m professional software developer for the last 11 years and closely know about windows and many other software products.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

K
khankins
Jun 23, 2004
Did you purchase from a distributor(2nd party)? If so, they will have to get you the activation code. I know because it happened with me.

Keith
wrote in message
Sometimes ( I can not remember the all periods )photoshop cs ask me for
reactivation. Something like "license data is missing please reinstall and reactivate software". It’s frustrate me because in the last time I have reinstalled CS a 4 days ago ( with advanced uninstall and keeping all settings ) and install with activation. But today I have received this message again, why ? I’m not use any cleaners and other software that can remove data from registry. Can you help me?
ps. I’m professional software developer for the last 11 years and closely
know about windows and many other software products.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 23, 2004
Either you changed your hardware, the system date (and not by synchronizing with a time server), or something has reset your registry.
PS
Pavel_Sokolov
Jun 24, 2004
Why reactivation is unavailable from an Photoshop interface?
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 25, 2004
if you’re already activated, activate is grayed out in the menu.

interesting… i left ps open all night. system running. when I got home from work today and there was a message on PS saying something like "unable to load activation module. photoshop must exit". then it shut down. restarted fine though. hmmm…
PS
Pavel_Sokolov
Jun 25, 2004
if you’re already activated, activate is grayed out in the menu.

Yes, menu is grayed, but message appears with reinstall and reactivation request. Very stupid scheme of activation, why it depends from time correction software too?
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 25, 2004
Hello Pavel,

I don’t know what problem would be causing the reactivation prompt you’re seeing, particularly given that the activation menu item isn’t available. Activation does not depend upon time correction software, but it can be affected by system time changes. What Chris meant with regard to "and not by synchronizing with a time server" is that small changes in your system time as performed by time correction software will not affect the validity of an activation. However, signficant changes in the system time will affect activation, with the result being (I believe this is correct) that you are told that you must immediately reactivate the software to continue using it. I don’t know where the crossover point is between a "small change" and a "significant change" to the system time.

Regards,

Daryl
PS
Pavel_Sokolov
Jun 25, 2004
Activation should help to sell more copies of the software, but poor system make users angry and will not make any more sales.
HW
Hans-Georg_Wilden
Jun 28, 2004
I had no problems so far ( 2weeks)but reading all this seems to indicate that this activation feature has been very poorly designed or little thought has gone into its design. Apparently even Microsoft can do better. In German we say "Schuster bleib bei deinen Leisten" which means you should stick to what you can do best. In Adobe’s case they are obviously top in making software like the superb ( and expensive) Photoshop but do a very poor job in designing activation software. You should go back to the drawing board and hire a Windows expert.
Hans-Georg
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 28, 2004
Apparently even Microsoft can do better.

That is for sure in this case.
N
nelsoncomputer
Jul 6, 2004
Activation and Re-Activation

I am running into the same problem with Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5. In two weeks I have had to re-activate (or was it activate?) the software three times. I was told that even adding a scanner to the machine may trigger reactivation. Funny, but my Photoshop has never asked for reactivation.
I left my info at

<http://www.adobe.com/activation/feedback.html>

and did point out that even my XP only asks once per install for activation. This is starting to be a pain. Adobe Beta Activation should either get it right, or get out of the activation business, and stick to Graphics and Video, that they do quite well.
May I suggest that others use the feedback form. I was told since this is new, they are paying close attention to the customer feedback from this.

Happy Computing,

Dave Nelson

P.S. Have you checked out the Check Spelling while posting? It reminds me a lot of their activation right now. Check Photoshop spelling … any other suggestions?
PS
Pavel_Sokolov
Jul 6, 2004
Hmmm, Photoshop again ask me for activation today…
I think using the chargeback I will not solve the problem. Why Adobe deaf for their customers…
D
Dmitrys
Jul 21, 2004
For some reason every 15 days I get that my activation code is incorrect, but it was accepted during the install. There is no way to re-activate. I get message that I need to reinstall Premiere Pro and activate it again. I do that and it works OK until I restart the PC. Once I restart the PC I get the same error message. What’s up with that? Is there a way to reactivate the product w/o the uninstall/reinstall process?
GA
Gabriel_Ayala
Jul 21, 2004
See this post Gabriel Ayala "CS requires me to register the serial number REPEATEDLY!" 7/21/04 1:15pm </cgi-bin/webx?13/37>
DB
Douglas_Baker
Aug 1, 2004
I too am periodically confronted with this message: "The configuration for the activation license is missing. Please uninstall and reinstall this application." I’ve done that a number of times and can’t seem to "permanently" install it without having to deal with this pesky nuisance again.

I’m astonished that Adobe hasn’t posted a fix, or even responded to all these postings complaining about this particular problem.

Where can I go for a remedy?
PS
Pavel_Sokolov
Aug 2, 2004
I have blocked all network communications for adobe.exe ( through firewall ) And message does not appear ( about two weeks ).
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Aug 2, 2004
Hi Douglas,

Sorry to hear that you’re seeing errors with activation. Early on, some of the Adobe folk that visit here would try and address the activation/reactivation related issues, but none could really offer a solution other than just to say something to the effect of "we’re aware of that" and to suggest why the prompts were arising. Be advised that if you’re doing anything involving System Restore or any sort of drive image restoration using tools like Ghost or Drive Image, you may be asking for problems…not always, but sometimes.

That said, the particular message you show here is one I can’t say I’ve seen before. I’ve not had any problems for a long time, but all I ever saw in the past were just the simple prompts that I needed to reactivate. Usually it’s not a problem, but it could be a huge problem for those with no immediate access to the internet or a telephone, or who are denied reactivation even when they do have net/phone access. I suspect the Adobe folk here are just tired of reading any threads about activation/reactivation, and are either ignoring us or somehow have their hands tied about saying anything more on the topic. If the latter, its too bad noone is willing to press their upper management into acknowledging this reactivation problem to the user community along with a statement of what is being done to correct it and a projected date for a fix to be provided.

Regards,

Daryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections