RK
Posted By
ruth_klumb
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to use the ellipse tool to encircle a face, I end up with the inside of the ellipse as my foreground color.

I have checked my preferences and have reset all the tools. Nothing seems to help correct this problem. I’m sure that there is probably some checkmark someplace that has it set this way but I can’t find it. I’ve looked in the help section and nothing seems to address this problem.

I have both version 6.0 and CS and this problem happens with both versions. I operate in Windows XP.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 23, 2004
Are you just trying to select?

Can use Elliptical Marqee Tool.

Or set Ellipse Tool to Paths option at top option area, might be what you’re after, dunno.

M
RK
ruth_klumb
Jun 23, 2004
I was using the elliptical marquee tool to select. Then I planned to make the rest of the image blurred.
P
Phosphor
Jun 23, 2004
" I was using the elliptical marquee tool to select."

If this is indeed true, then I can’t figure any way by which the interior of that selection would fill with the foreground color.

Methinks you’re confusing the Elliptical Marquee Tool with the Elliptical Custom Shape Tool.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 23, 2004
You’re using elliptical MARQUEE and getting it automatically filled with the foreground color? As soon as you draw it?

First tool at top left in tool palette?

Surely not?

Or does CS have some option to do that not in PS7?

M
RK
ruth_klumb
Jun 23, 2004
You have exactly found my problem. That is exactly what I’m doing. Everything is working fine, now that I’ve got the right tool.

Thanx so much.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections