CD
Posted By
Catherine_deBlanc
Jun 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After several emails I finally heard back from the seller who sold me the PS7 program which expired after 90 days. He claims that he mistakenly sent me an academic serial number and will send me a new serial number by the week’s end which should have the program working fine. (He also claims he has never knowingly cheated anyone, despite the fact that I found 8 other buyers whom he cheated in the same way). I am very skeptical of his explanation but could there actually be any truth to it?

I have bought educational versions of software before (including Adobe, some of which I’m still using over 10 years later) and none of them expire after a limited period of time. Could him sending a different serial number make the program work? Will this work if it is a Beta or trial version? I thought that you had to have the right serial number to match the program– you can’t just insert any serial number with any program. Unless he keeps extremely detailed records for a while, I’m dubious as to how he could know which CD I have and which serial number goes with it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 22, 2004
I am very skeptical of his explanation but could there actually be any truth to it?

no. if the serial # expires, you have a beta version and nothing will get it going again. if you don’t get a full package with disks and manuals OR a used package with an official adobe transfer of license form filled off, you’re getting ripped off.
G
graffiti
Jun 22, 2004
will send me a new serial number by the week’s end which should have the program working fine.

Sounds like he’s just buying time to me.
LP
lane_parker
Jun 22, 2004
Maybe you can report him to Adobe? He doesn’t seem honest.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 22, 2004
Catherine,

I am very skeptical of his explanation but could there actually be any
truth to it?<<

Be VERY sceptical!
Had you used an Academic Serial number:

1) the splash screen would have shown as the Academic Splash Screen
2) it would NOT have expired.

This guy’s a pirate, plain and simple. Report it immediately to and include all e-mail exchanges you have had with the
thief.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections