DM
Posted By
Don_McCahill
Jun 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hard to say. What is the file (format, dimensions, image mode, layers, channels, etc.) A few details might help us get an answer.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 21, 2004
My first thought is to reset your preferences <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@@.ef4a07f>.

When my SFW failed to work for me and a restart of the computer didn’t fix it, resetting the preferences worked.

hth,
grasshopper
L
LenHewitt
Jun 21, 2004
Børge,

Try deleting the Save for Web Preference file located at:

C:\Documents and Settings\~username\Application Data\Adobe\Save for Web\8.0\
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 22, 2004
try this Børge:

LenHewitt "’Assertion has failed’ Error when using Save for Web (PSCS)" 6/10/04 2:10pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
L
LenHewitt
Jun 22, 2004
Børge,

I can’t find a folder called Save for Web in that location.<<

You will need to set Windows Explorer option to view Hidden Files and Folders to view that location
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 22, 2004
Børge,

This is from another post and the suggestion is from a gentleman named Mac:

Try deleting Save For Web prefs, as I actually don’t know for sure they are deleted with general pref deletion:

Hold down Ctrl+Alt, then choose Save For Web.
You should get a dialog asking if you want to delete Save For Web preferences. Choose yes.

hopefully that will help!

grasshopper
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 24, 2004
You mentioned network situation.

PS is running on your local HD, right?
You don’t have PS scratch disk or Win swap file pointed to network drive, right?
Do you have admin rights on that machine, logged in as admin?

Did you indeed delete SFW prefs with the key combination?

M
ZN
Zolta_n_Smith
Jun 24, 2004
THAT SHOULD WORK, AS THE ADMIN SHOULD BE ABLE TO RESET THE BACKUP FILES AND SOME OF THE REGISTRY CONFIGS ALSO…

A LOT OF TIMES WHEN CHANGING A PROGRAM CONFIGERATION WITH OUT ADMIN PERMISSION IS NOT POSIBLE DUE TO SECURITY SETTINGS OF THE LOCAL AND NETWORKED COMPUTERS…

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections