W
Posted By
wntw
Sep 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I use Photoshop CS to retouch photos. I am a professional photographer and use it everyday. Today, I brought home a LCD monitor and hooked it up to my machine. I had been using a CRT monitor. For some reason, my images in photoshop all have a greenish hue to them. It only has that in photoshop. If I view the same images in anything else, the color is perfect. What is going on?
Thanks

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
Dave
Sep 4, 2005
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 03:23:49 GMT, "wntw"
wrote:

I use Photoshop CS to retouch photos. I am a professional photographer and use it everyday. Today, I brought home a LCD monitor and hooked it up to my machine. I had been using a CRT monitor. For some reason, my images in photoshop all have a greenish hue to them. It only has that in photoshop. If I view the same images in anything else, the color is perfect. What is going on?
Thanks

simply because LCD’s are not the same standard as CRTs yet. I am using a 19" CRT which is heavy and big, specially in relation to a LCD but will not buy a LCD monitor yet. I believe there is more expensive LCD’s on the market with a better standard, but I’ll wait a while.

Dave
C
Caitlin
Sep 4, 2005
"wntw" wrote in message
Thanks

I don’t think I quite follow – the images didn’t have a greenish hue when viewed with your CRT using Photoshop? I’d expect if it was related to your monitor, it should affect your display no matter what software you are using (though I could be wrong….)
T
Tacit
Sep 4, 2005
In article <9NtSe.968$>,
"wntw" wrote:

What is going on is that your color management settings are incorrect–most likely, you are using the wrong color profile for your monitor.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
R
redTed
Sep 4, 2005
I use Photoshop CS to retouch photos. I am a professional photographer and use it everyday. Today, I brought home a LCD monitor and hooked it up to my
machine. I had been using a CRT monitor. For some reason, my images in photoshop all have a greenish hue to them. It only has that in photoshop. If
I view the same images in anything else, the color is perfect. What is going
on?
Thanks

simply because LCD’s are not the same standard as CRTs yet. I am using a 19" CRT which is heavy and big, specially in relation to a LCD but will not buy a LCD monitor yet. I believe there is more expensive LCD’s on the market with a better standard, but I’ll wait a while.

So all LCD’s monitors display Photoshop images with a greeish hue, do they ? I must have been really lucky with my LCD then.
Dave, change your name to "Stupid Dave" or "Ignorant Dave" or "What The Fuck
Do I Know Dave".
W
wntw
Sep 4, 2005
The strange thing is, outside of photoshop, they are perfect. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

"tacit" wrote in message
In article <9NtSe.968$>,
"wntw" wrote:

I use Photoshop CS to retouch photos. I am a professional photographer and
use it everyday. Today, I brought home a LCD monitor and hooked it up to my
machine. I had been using a CRT monitor. For some reason, my images in photoshop all have a greenish hue to them. It only has that in photoshop. If
on?

What is going on is that your color management settings are incorrect–most likely, you are using the wrong color profile for your monitor.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
R
RH
Sep 4, 2005
your PSCS colour settings are not the same as your monitor settings

in photoshop go to ‘edit/colour settings’ and you’ll find a setting for your monitor there – if all else fails and you’ve not got a setting from your monitor (ie. it didn’t come with an install disc) then select Adobe RGB settings , they usually correct this kind or problem.

Rich
www.digitalmood.co.uk

"wntw" wrote in message
The strange thing is, outside of photoshop, they are perfect. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted?

"tacit" wrote in message
In article <9NtSe.968$>,
"wntw" wrote:

I use Photoshop CS to retouch photos. I am a professional photographer and
use it everyday. Today, I brought home a LCD monitor and hooked it up to my
on?

R
Roy
Sep 4, 2005
"wntw" wrote in message
Thanks
Hi.

Photoshop uses Color Management, and most other programs do not, so if the Colour is only wrong when using Photoshop, then your Colour Management is incorrect.

Since the only thing you have changed recently is your Monitor then the problem is your Monitor.

You need a New Monitor Profile to go with your New Monitor. Photoshop will still be adjusting the Display Colours to suit your Old Monitor by using the Old Monitor Profile.

LCDs need special hardware to do this, so your best bet would be to call in one of the local Profilers. Your trade association should be able to advise, or perhaps your Pro Lab may know of someone.

Roy G

B
babalooixnay
Sep 4, 2005
What about multi adobe settings? My monitor, a new Mac has: Adobe RGB (1998), Nikon Adobe RGB 4.0.0.3000 and Nikon Adobewide 4.0.0.3000. To make matters worse, there are differences. For example the red tristimulus setting for x is .6097, .6098, and .7164 respectively. I’m new to digital and all I want is a few cut and dried standards so I can concentrate on real matters. At the moment that means composition as all my focal lengths have changed. I’m used to shooting black and white on manual F bodies using a 35, 50, 85, and 105s. Now I’m playing with a whole new set of focal lengths due to the digital format: using a 24 for a 35, 35 for a 50 etc. I’m going to have to deal with the color thing eventually but I’m just looking for some standard settings for now. I can shoot in RAW on a D50 body so there is room to play later but for a reference it’d be nice to just set everything and just concentrate on the shooting. As for PSCS the only setting I could find for color is an Adobe/Mac toggle in Preferences, General. Is there another somewhere
T
Tacit
Sep 4, 2005
In article <NNASe.12858$>,
"wntw" wrote:

Programs outside Adobe Photoshop do not use color management. Adobe Photoshop DOES use color management. Hence, Photoshop changes the color you see on your screen in accordance with your Photoshop color management settings; other programs do not.

You might find it helpful to read the chapter on color management in your Photoshop manual. If you want Photoshop to show you color the same way that other programs do, you’ll have to turn off Photoshop’s color management.

B
babalooixnay
Sep 4, 2005
I know I’ll have to read the whole thing eventually. First thing after encountering the three "Adobe RGB" settings on the Mac monitor was to head for the PSCS2 User guide where I encountered a heading "synchronize color settings across Adobe applications", thought, that might be a good place to explore so let’s go there and see what we can see. Book and software "help" sent me to Bridge>Edit>Creative Suite Color Settings. Went to Bridge>Edit>and nowhere was there a menu for Creative Suite Color Settings. Then I gave up for the day and started reminiscing about finding oddball eastern european filmstocks and checking them out in the darkroom for their unique properties:)
N
nomail
Sep 4, 2005
wrote:

What about multi adobe settings? My monitor, a new Mac has: Adobe RGB (1998), Nikon Adobe RGB 4.0.0.3000 and Nikon Adobewide 4.0.0.3000.

No, your monitor doesn’t "have" that. Those are profiles which just happen to show up if you do not choose ‘Show profiles for this display only’. They are not profiles for your monitor.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
B
babalooixnay
Sep 4, 2005
Thanks, where’s the switch that turns off the display for the Helsinki water mains:)
GG
Gilles gu
Sep 8, 2005
a photo jpg seen in PShop with SRGB IEC61… is exactly the same that seen with explorer. If it’not the case I think it’s probably a bog. If I was in your situation I suppose that I would uninstall and install PShop again. (sorry for my bad english I ‘m french)

Gilles Gu

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections