F
Posted By
Fungusamungus
Sep 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
A few of you (like Hecate, and maybe Mike [or "Flipper Mike" as he seems to be nowadays) might remember me. Well, once upon a time, I was ahead of the curve, having access to, and using Photoshop 6 almost before it even came out. Then I fell way behind the times. I only recently started using Photoshop 7.

However, I move around a lot, and currently only have access to my old, OLD computer (P2 300 mhz, 128 megs of ram), but here’s what confuses me: Photoshop 7 runs WAY faster and better on this computer than Photoshop 6 ever did.

Huh? Yeah, that’s what I said…

Anyways, hi folks 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

G
Gormless
Sep 2, 2005
"Fungusamungus" wrote in message
Anyways, hi folks 🙂
Er, what was the question?
H
Hecate
Sep 2, 2005
On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 07:52:31 GMT, "Fungusamungus" wrote:

A few of you (like Hecate, and maybe Mike [or "Flipper Mike" as he seems to be nowadays) might remember me. Well, once upon a time, I was ahead of the curve, having access to, and using Photoshop 6 almost before it even came out. Then I fell way behind the times. I only recently started using Photoshop 7.
Hey Fungy, nice to see you again! 🙂

However, I move around a lot, and currently only have access to my old, OLD computer (P2 300 mhz, 128 megs of ram), but here’s what confuses me: Photoshop 7 runs WAY faster and better on this computer than Photoshop 6 ever did.

LOL! I may be wrong, but I think the code was better optimised in 7, so in a way I’m not surprised. It runs even faster if you clear out useless junk like Image Ready 😉

Anyways, hi folks 🙂
Hi again, glad you’re back!

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
K
KatWoman
Sep 3, 2005

Anyways, hi folks 🙂
I think you meant rhetorical question (one that needs no answer) not redundant question (asking the same thing more than once)
S
Stephan
Sep 7, 2005
Gormless wrote:

Anyways, hi folks 🙂

Er, the question was: Do you know why 7 would run faster than 67 on an old computer.
Er, do you understand now? Er, just let us know.

Stephan

ps: Hi Fungus!
G
Gormless
Sep 7, 2005
"Stephan" wrote in message
Gormless wrote:

Anyways, hi folks 🙂

Er, the question was: Do you know why 7 would run faster than 67 on an old computer.

Er, no it wasn’t. It was a statement, introduced by "Here’s what confuses me". He went on to inform us what confused him
The only question there was "Huh?". He then went on to say "Yeah, that’s what I said…", not, you may care to note, "what I asked", thus reinforcing the fact that it was a statement, not a question.
Do YOU understand?
S
Stephan
Sep 7, 2005
Gormless wrote:

Gormless wrote:

Anyways, hi folks 🙂

Er, no it wasn’t. It was a statement, introduced by "Here’s what confuses me". He went on to inform us what confused him
The only question there was "Huh?". He then went on to say "Yeah, that’s what I said…", not, you may care to note, "what I asked", thus reinforcing the fact that it was a statement, not a question.
Do YOU understand?
OK. When somebody posts on a help oriented newsgroup with something like "I don’t understand" or "I can’t figure out why" or "I tried this and that but can’t achieve this or that" this somebody is asking for an answer to his problem. Anybody with an IQ in the two and three digits understands this, do you?
Is that clear enough for you now, er, Gormless? (you do not need to answer this last question BTW)

Stephan
S
SCRUFF
Sep 7, 2005
Gormless wrote:

Gormless wrote:

Anyways, hi folks 🙂

Er, no it wasn’t. It was a statement, introduced by "Here’s what
confuses
me". He went on to inform us what confused him
The only question there was "Huh?". He then went on to say "Yeah,
that’s
what I said…", not, you may care to note, "what I asked", thus
reinforcing
the fact that it was a statement, not a question.
Do YOU understand?
OK. When somebody posts on a help oriented newsgroup with something like "I don’t understand" or "I can’t figure out why" or "I tried this and that but can’t achieve this or that" this somebody is asking for an answer to his problem. Anybody with an IQ in the two and three digits understands this, do you?
Is that clear enough for you now, er, Gormless? (you do not need to answer this last question BTW)

Stephan

I agree with Stephan, even though he is a bit arrogant.
G
Gormless
Sep 8, 2005
confuses
that’s
reinforcing
Do YOU understand?

Maybe my specs need cleaning, I’ll grant – they usually do, but where did he actually say "I don’t understand" or "I can’t figure out why" or "I tried
this and
that but can’t achieve this or that"? (Hint: that was a question from me). He DID say "here’s what confuses me". Not the same. It wasn’t a question. Smells like a statement to me.
English grammar 101: A question is always followed by a question mark (that’s a ‘?’, in case you didn’t know. I realise these concepts might be difficult for you.)
The Spaniards make it even easier for you – they put an upside-down ‘?’ at the front of the question, which would give you some warning that a question is on the way. Like, hey Stephan, stand by, get ready, here comes a question. Countdown, 3, 2, 1 … (When you’ve finished learning English try Spanish.)
The only ‘?’ in the OP’s posting followed ‘Huh’.
He then says "Yeah, that’s what I said…". Note the ‘Said’ word there. Statement.
I wash my hands of you. Obviously you’ll never grasp these fine distinctions. The distinctions which make English such a rich language – you should learn it.
H
HIVisOwned
Sep 13, 2005
Scruff wrote:

Gormless wrote:

Gormless wrote:

Anyways, hi folks 🙂

confuses

that’s

reinforcing

Do YOU understand?

Stephan

I agree with Stephan, even though he is a bit arrogant.

I don’t think this group gives a rat’s ass as to what you agree to! FM…
S
SCRUFF
Sep 13, 2005
"

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections