SW
Posted By
Steven Wandy
Sep 2, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having a strange problem with PSCS2.
I use a Epson Perfection 1660 scanner using the latest Twain driver (Version
5.something).
I was trying to scan a picture and anytime I set the resolution above 300 DPI in the Twain settings PSCS2 would lock up after the scan was done. (It looks like in addition to starting the scanning process with the Twain driver, WIA – the windows software to acquire images – is also running. I can see the window showing scanning progress from WIA in back of the Epson one.)
When I use PS Elements 2 or PS Image Ready CS2 the problem does not occur. I have already tried removing the Twain driver and reinstalling it. I am not sure when this
problem started occuring because I rarely scan above 300 DPI and definitely did not try since upgrading from CS to CS2.
Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
RSD99
Sep 2, 2005
"Steven Wandy" wrote in message
I am having a strange problem with PSCS2.
I use a Epson Perfection 1660 scanner using the latest Twain driver
(Version
5.something).
I was trying to scan a picture and anytime I set the resolution above 300 DPI in the Twain settings PSCS2 would lock up after the scan was done.
(It
looks like in addition to starting the scanning process with the Twain driver, WIA – the windows software to acquire images – is also running. I can see the window showing scanning progress from WIA in back of the
Epson
one.)
When I use PS Elements 2 or PS Image Ready CS2 the problem does not
occur.
I have already tried removing the Twain driver and reinstalling it. I am
not
sure when this
problem started occuring because I rarely scan above 300 DPI and
definitely
did not try since upgrading from CS to CS2.
Any suggestions? Thanks, Steve

It sounds like Windows has installed the WIA drivers and you have installed the TWAIN drives.

My first suggestion would be to uninstall and delete the Windows WIA driver(s).

Then (if necessary) uninstall and delete the existing TWAIN driver(s), and then reinstall the **Epson** TWAIN drivers specifically using the **Epson** instructions.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections