Posted By
Stephan
Aug 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

T
toby
Aug 13, 2005
For some of the reasons why OS X on PC is a fantasy, see http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=157657&cid=13213044
S
Stephan
Aug 14, 2005
toby wrote:
For some of the reasons why OS X on PC is a fantasy, see http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=157657&cid=13213044

Don’t trust this only source. Do some research and you’ll find out it is really happening.

Stephan
T
Tacit
Aug 14, 2005
In article <mbBLe.369$>,
Stephan wrote:

Don’t trust this only source. Do some research and you’ll find out it is really happening.

What is really happening is running OS X using a PowerPC emulator such as PearPC. It works, and you can do it right now (doa Google search for PearPC), but it’s incredibly, unbelievably slow; a typical 2GHz Pentium 4 will boot OS X in about 20 minutes, and runs at approximately the speed of a 200MHz G3.

What everyone else is talking about is running the Intel version of OS X on regular Intel-based PCs once the Intel-based Macs come out. Apple has already announced that it will not permit this, and is intending to use a "trusted computing" DRM platform (and possibly a BIOS architecture that is different from standard PC BIOS systems) to prevent it.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
S
Stephan
Aug 14, 2005
tacit wrote:
In article <mbBLe.369$>,
Stephan wrote:

What is really happening is running OS X using a PowerPC emulator such as PearPC. It works, and you can do it right now (doa Google search for PearPC), but it’s incredibly, unbelievably slow; a typical 2GHz Pentium 4 will boot OS X in about 20 minutes, and runs at approximately the speed of a 200MHz G3.

What everyone else is talking about is running the Intel version of OS X on regular Intel-based PCs once the Intel-based Macs come out. Apple has already announced that it will not permit this,

Do you have a link to this announcement?

and is intending to use
a "trusted computing" DRM platform (and possibly a BIOS architecture that is different from standard PC BIOS systems) to prevent it.

Stephan
K
KatWoman
Aug 14, 2005
"Stephan" wrote in message
tacit wrote:
In article <mbBLe.369$>,
Stephan wrote:

What everyone else is talking about is running the Intel version of OS X on regular Intel-based PCs once the Intel-based Macs come out. Apple has already announced that it will not permit this,

Do you have a link to this announcement?

and is intending to use
a "trusted computing" DRM platform (and possibly a BIOS architecture that is different from standard PC BIOS systems) to prevent it.

Stephan

No one knows exactly why OSx86 appears to be running faster on the PCs than the Mac OS does on today’s Macs.

They won’t let this happen easily I’m sure. It’s all about keeping their stuff expensive.

FWIW I never used Macs much so I don’t know if I would like the OS better. After reading those Mac user posts I think they haven’t used WIN XP. My feeling is we all like whatever we find most familiar and have used before.

but in defense of Bill G.

Win XP is great, has wizards for simple tasks like music, photos etc for new users it’s simple to use OR you can choose to customize it back to any classic configuration you may have liked better

It is quite crash proof (for me) I have to remind myself to restart it every few days or so…..

it works with lots of hardware and software that is cheaper than Mac stuff in almost every case

If you run decent virus protection and firewall (now bulit in) pop up blockers, windows auto updates, etc, you will have no security problems.

(I do not use WIRELESS access, as this is the MOST frequent way computers are being hacked.)
S
SCRUFF
Aug 15, 2005
"KatWoman" wrote in message
No one knows exactly why OSx86 appears to be running faster on the PCs
than
the Mac OS does on today’s Macs.
Because the macasaurus is a soon to be obsolete creature.
W
whdonavan
Aug 15, 2005
When Nikons came along, they were deliberate Leica knockoffs. But there are still Leicas today, 60+ years later. Don’t count the Mac out yet. Leica:Nikon :: Mac:PC. Macs just have more class.

Walterius

"Scruff" wrote in message
than
E
edjh
Aug 15, 2005
Scruff wrote:

than

That’s been predicted for years. Not happening.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections