I
Posted By
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I tried out PhotoShop for my 30 day demo and was impressed with it so I bought it. When I install it and try to open it, though, it just comes up with the same window that says my demo is expired. I can’t find any place to enter the CD key serial number or anything. What do I do?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 20, 2004
Why not try uninstall, then install again.
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
I did that but when I try reinstalling it it says "Trial Version" on the window. This is the full version! 🙁
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
Yeah, it still doesn’t work… 🙁
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
Amazon.com.

I have the serial number and everything, where do I enter it in?
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 20, 2004
I am trying to remember how I installed mine, but I thought I got the trial version window timed out and then I clicked on the buy button and it gave me the place to enter the serial number.

Will this work for you?

grasshopper
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
When I click on the Order Now button it takes me here:

<http://store.adobe.com/store/products/photoshop.html>

An error page…
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
It says on the activation help page:
"Yes. You must activate your Adobe software within the grace period determined by Adobe. If you do not activate the software, you will eventually be prevented from using it."

It’s been a while since the demo ended. Does this mean I can’t use PhotoShop?!
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
Does this mean I can’t even use my PhotoShop CS that I paid so much for?!!!
I
iisryan
Jun 20, 2004
Ok, sorry for whining. This is just kind of stressing me out.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 21, 2004
A trial version will never convert to a full version. You have the wrong program. When you say you bought from amazon, did you buy from the regular store? 600+ dollars (or 169 for the upgrade)? or did you buy from a reseller link for $40 bux, because they’ve been known to be bogus.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 21, 2004
and as far as I know amazon doesn’t offer the download version, they only offer the full shipping package (manuals included).
I
iisryan
Jun 21, 2004
Regular packaging and everything.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 21, 2004
so did you buy from amazon itself or a reseller linked on their site? as i said if your version says "TRIAL" you’ve got problems. there is NO WAY to add a serial # to a trial version and get it to work. that’s been stated here by adobe reps over and over.
I
iisryan
Jun 21, 2004
Darn…I guess I should do something about this. Ok, thanks for your help everyone.
JJ
Jerry_Jensen
Jun 21, 2004
When you install photoshop, either as a full or upgrade version, it WILL ask you for your name, company and the serial number.

Pulling a serial number from one of the "crack" sites will not do you any good if you are starting with a "trial" package. Nor will a serial number supplied by anyone else do the job. Adobe doesn’t make it that easy to get around an actual purchase.

Just purchase the product! If you have and still have a problem after purchasing it, the support people will gladly help you out when supplied valid purchase documentation. If you have actually purchased a "good" copy, just contact Adobe support.

The advice that everyone gets on a problem such as this is "CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT". Wonder of wonders, few do since they didn’t start out with a legal copy. If you did, contact the support people.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections