Posted By
Drew Faber
Jul 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just installed Photoshop CS2.

With previous upgrades to Photoshop (my last being v6.0) I had to load my last full version CD to show that I was eligible for the upgrade.

With this upgrade I didn’t have to load that old CD. Can I throw out all my old Photoshop CD’s? How did it know that I was a legitimate upgrade?

What happens if my system crashes and I have to wipe my hard drive? What would I need to be able to reload the software?

Thanks.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
birdman
Jul 30, 2005
To be eligible for upgrades you need to have an valid installation disc for a previous version or have a valid previous version already installed on your hard drive. Hence it is wise to hang on to those old installation CDs.
B
baldycotton
Jul 30, 2005
On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 04:34:04 GMT, "Drew Faber" wrote:
With this upgrade I didn’t have to load that old CD. Can I throw out all my old Photoshop CD’s? How did it know that I was a legitimate upgrade?

I recently upgraded to CS2. Started with v4, then 5.5.

My house was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan in September. I found v4 but not 5.5. I was on the phone for 80 minutes with Adobe trying to upgrade from v4.

KEEP ALL YOU DISCS!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections