Can I change the background color of Photoshop 7’s window for PC? – background.jpg (0/1)

J
Posted By
JugoDeCoCo
Jul 6, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I don’t know if my question makes sense,
but can this be done? I am not talking about
the background of an image or the window
of an open image. I am talking about the
background of Photoshop 7 when you first
run the application. Please see the attached
image. Thank you!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jrzyguy
Jul 6, 2003
your question doesnt make much sence…you dont really explain the problem nor is there an attached image.

if you need to get rid of the pesky background layer….go to your layers menu….double click on the background layer…and either rename the layer yourself or opt for the defaul "layer 0". it will no longer be a background layer and you are free to do what you want. (if it is a giff tho you will have to go to image/mode/ and choose RGB rather than Indexed)

hope this helps

jj
"JugoDeCoCo" wrote in message
image. Thank you!
E
edjh
Jul 6, 2003
JugoDeCoCo wrote:
image. Thank you!
Do you mean the area around the whole image (the apron as some have called it)? If so, yes, Shift-Paint Bucket. If you mean the default application window you can do that in Display Properties. Depends which Windows you have but I think it’s usually under Appearance>Advanced.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
S
Stephan
Jul 6, 2003
"JugoDeCoCo" wrote in message
image. Thank you!

You cannot but consider yourself lucky you have a nice neutral background. If you were on the Mac you’d have to work with your desktop and icons around your work.

Stephan
E
edjh
Jul 6, 2003
Stephan wrote:

You cannot but consider yourself lucky you have a nice neutral background. If you were on the Mac you’d have to work with your desktop and icons around your work.

Actually there are some advantages to that– switching between applications, dragging and dropping, etc. Many Mac users prefer it. —
Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
S
Stephan
Jul 7, 2003
"edjh" wrote in message
JugoDeCoCo wrote:
Do you mean the area around the whole image (the apron as some have called it)? If so, yes, Shift-Paint Bucket. If you mean the default application window you can do that in Display Properties. Depends which Windows you have but I think it’s usually under Appearance>Advanced.

You are totally right, it is in Control Panel> Display> Appearance> Item: Application Background.

Stephan

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections