Posted By
Charles_Roper
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a lot of brushes I’ve made and collected over the years. Problem is, I can never remember where I’ve stored what, and what I have called them. At present I have to open up brush sets in Photoshop to see what they contain. It always feels a bit of a hassle and somewhat random, having to take a guess at what a set contains.

So, is there a tool out there that can read abr files in order to help me better organize them? Failing that, what techniques do others use for organizing their brushes? It would be nice if the file browser could browse brushes, and allow one to move them about in the same fashion as image files.

One more thing: is it possible to clear out the loaded brush history? Whenever I open the brush palette menu, I get a menu that stretches the entire screen.

Many thanks,

– Charles

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 20, 2004
Charles, you need to use the Presets Manager available on the drop down list of your brushes palette.
CR
Charles_Roper
Jun 20, 2004
Thanks for the suggestion Pierre. I do actually use the presets manager already (I’ve even setup a keyboard shortcut to get to it instantly) to manage brushes, but it’s not satisfactory. It won’t allow me to preview a brush set, or even load multiple sets at once. Once a set is loaded, it doesn’t offer much control.

I have found that dragging a set of ABR files into PS is a good way of loading up several brush sets, but even this is fiddly. I have to drag a set in, open up the presets manager, try and work out what brush belongs to which set, clear out the preset manager when I’m done, etc.

It would be really great if the file browser could open up ABRs and browse them (just like bowsing a folder), allowing me to view brushes, move them around, create new brush sets and so on.

– Charles
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 20, 2004
Charles, your last suggestion could indeed be a killer if it was done with all the presets… sort of integrating the preset manager in the file browser…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections