B
Posted By
blakey
Jul 23, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Sorry for asking what is probably an old chestnut of a question in here. But I was wondering which plugins are favorites among the posters in here?

I love the Kai’s Power Tool Series (KPT) and Nik Color Efex Pro

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BC
Big Craigie
Jul 23, 2005
"blakey" wrote in message
Sorry for asking what is probably an old chestnut of a question in here. But I was wondering which plugins are favorites among the posters in here?

Call me sad, but I used to be a Lens Flare-aholic and would be lost with KPT6s lens flares. However, after therapy I only use about 6 in each picture I do 😉

BC
S
SCRUFF
Jul 23, 2005
Ultra-sharpen, photo freebies-sepia, vicman redeye.
S
Stephan
Jul 24, 2005
Big Craigie wrote:

Call me sad, but I used to be a Lens Flare-aholic and would be lost with KPT6s lens flares. However, after therapy I only use about 6 in each picture I do 😉

BC
LOL,why limit to a bad lens? A bad camera would be even better: If you’re lucky KPT will have a Holga filter in the next release.

Stephan
H
Hecate
Jul 24, 2005
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:59:07 GMT, Stephan wrote:

Big Craigie wrote:

BC
LOL,why limit to a bad lens? A bad camera would be even better: If you’re lucky KPT will have a Holga filter in the next release.
Funny, having seen a lot of KPT’d images I thought it already had….

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
BC
Big Craigie
Jul 24, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 05:59:07 GMT, Stephan wrote:

Big Craigie wrote:

Sorry for asking what is probably an old chestnut of a question in
here.
But I was wondering which plugins are favorites among the posters in
here?

Call me sad, but I used to be a Lens Flare-aholic and would be lost
with
KPT6s lens flares. However, after therapy I only use about 6 in each
picture
I do 😉

BC
I’m pretty sure that I’ve got the KPT "thumb in front of lens" plugin or the "Chop someones head off at a party" plug in. Both are favourites of mine.

BC
K
KatWoman
Jul 24, 2005

someone gave me a copy of Filters Unlimited, at first I never used it as I think most of the effects can be achieved with PS built in filters and adjustments. But lately I find myself looking for creative effects in there.
S
Stephan
Jul 25, 2005
Hecate wrote:

Yes, KPT filters add this Je ne sais quoi to images the same way FrontPage adds good taste and charm to web pages. :-))

Stephan
S
SCRUFF
Jul 25, 2005
"Stephan" wrote in message
Hecate wrote:

Yes, KPT filters add this Je ne sais quoi to images the same way FrontPage adds good taste and charm to web pages. :-))

Stephan
Really? Are you saying that KPT adds dirty pixels like FP adds dirty html?
H
Hecate
Jul 25, 2005
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:11:27 +0100, "Big Craigie" wrote:

I’m pretty sure that I’ve got the KPT "thumb in front of lens" plugin or the "Chop someones head off at a party" plug in. Both are favourites of mine.
LOL! My favourite is the false attachment plug in which appears every time I’m in a hurry 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Jul 25, 2005
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 16:25:06 -0400, "KatWoman" wrote:

someone gave me a copy of Filters Unlimited, at first I never used it as I think most of the effects can be achieved with PS built in filters and adjustments. But lately I find myself looking for creative effects in there.
Generally, with one or two exceptions (Lens Doc from Andromeda for example, and occasional use of AutoFX Mystical Lighting) I stick to doing it from scratch simply because I’ve got a fair number of actions built up over time which do a lot of the "tricks" you can get in these filter packages. I’m always willing to be convinced by something which will do a particular job at least as well as I do, but faster. I haven’t found too many is all 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

BC
Big Craigie
Jul 26, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 21:11:27 +0100, "Big Craigie" wrote:

I’m pretty sure that I’ve got the KPT "thumb in front of lens" plugin or
the
"Chop someones head off at a party" plug in. Both are favourites of mine.
LOL! My favourite is the false attachment plug in which appears every time I’m in a hurry 🙂
don’t like…

I totally sympathise…synthesize….or whatever…understand what you mean. When I’m in a hurry, the only plug-in that seems to work is, I think it is the Extensis Haven’t Taken Off Lens Cap plugin. It comes under totalidiot.8BF

BC
BC
Big Craigie
Jul 26, 2005

I’ve been watching this thread with interest. I must confess that I went back to nightschool at my local college to re-learn photoshop because I realised that I had become too dependent on plugin. So, I wanted to go back to scratch and work out how to do things without using plugins. It was a great eye opener.

BC
N
nospam
Jul 26, 2005
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—–
Hash: SHA1

focal blade

—–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–
Version: PGP 7.1

iQA/AwUBQuZxTwIk7T39FC4ZEQI6cACeO7p2K3ypTvO1i0+RwdFdlZWTwwsA oO6a oPlVzgJghkc8/Xs9wjilStZ9
=8I6H
—–END PGP SIGNATURE—–

-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
S
SCRUFF
Jul 26, 2005
"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message
—–BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE—–
Hash: SHA1

focal blade

—–BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE—–
Version: PGP 7.1

iQA/AwUBQuZxTwIk7T39FC4ZEQI6cACeO7p2K3ypTvO1i0+RwdFdlZWTwwsA oO6a oPlVzgJghkc8/Xs9wjilStZ9
=8I6H
—–END PGP SIGNATURE—–

-john
wide-open at throttle dot info

Your email address sounds like a motocross outfit?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections