KC
Posted By
Kiwi_C
Jun 18, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When using the crop tool rotated the resulting cropped image is distorted and doesn’t match cropped frame.

In the properties bar the crop is set at 178 x 178 px, res 72px/in. The cropping frame is well within the bounds of the original and rotated about 45 deg. Te result is cropped a further 30% of the image area represtented by the cropping frame and distorted.

This seems to be an unresolved bug on both platforms as I have seen unsolved reports of this in the Mac NG too.

OS Win98se, plenty of RAM

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jun 18, 2004
Kiwi,

I’m not sure that the problem discussed in the thread How to Prevent Auto Rotate When Cropping <http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?7@@.3bb3a451/16> is related to what you’re describing, but you may find it helpful. In particular, post #17 is where Jake Hannam describes finding how to deal with what was discussed in the thread, involving selection of the "Front Image" option.

Regards,

Daryl
KC
Kiwi_C
Jun 21, 2004
Thanks, Daryl.

"Front Image" is not checked in my case. There are values set, but that is because I want my resulting crop to reflect those values, so I’m not interested in "clearing" those options.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections