LR
Posted By
larry_reibstein
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m going to be an airline passenger for umpteen hours (days, actually) next month, and I’d like to pass the time there in the same way I do at home: retouching/creating with PhotoShop. I’ve never had a laptop, but it seems like now it would be appropriate.

But how can I handle all the brushwork, lassoing, and detailed touch-up with that terrible laptop mousepad? It doesn’t seem usable.

I looked into the tabletPC, but besides being over-priced, it lacks features, including resolution or the ability to write to CDs or DVDs.

Anyone with coach seating experience intensively using PS?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JB
Jonathan_Balza
Jun 17, 2004
I have a nice optical mouse that I plug into the USB port on my laptop. My Wacom tablet also works nicely when I don’t want to use those crappy touchpads.
JJ
John_Joslin
Jun 17, 2004
"I have a nice optical mouse that I plug into the USB port on my laptop. My Wacom tablet also works nicely"

Same here, 100%.

Cheers – John
CS
Christina S Cericola
Jun 18, 2004
I work for Kids at Heart Photography . We primarily photograph preschools and daycares across the country. We are based in New Jersey so I end up doing a lot of flying. I’m always photoshoping on a flight whether for fun or to finish airbrushing a school. We are a pc based company. I have a dell inspirion and a wacum tablet. I have the 6×8 tablet that fits perfectly in my laptop bag. The only problem I run into is people sitting in front of me that recline thier seats into my lap 🙂 Anyway, Invest in a tablet. Its the only way I travel photoshop.
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 18, 2004
I’m partial to the Logitec Traveler for my laptop.
Great mouse in general.

M
O
Ol__Whozit
Jun 18, 2004
I also like the HP laptop with the rotating screen that can be used as a tablet PC…
NB
Norbert_Bissinger
Jun 18, 2004
When using a Tablet in vertical orientation does PS rotate also?
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 19, 2004
And does the tablet PC’s stylus have different levels of sensitivity?
N
neurobound
Jun 23, 2004
To answer a couple questions…

I’m using a Toshiba M205 TabletPC. It is indeed pressure sensitive (wacom technology.) and works well with the demo software included – Alias Sketchbook. The resolution is plenty high – at 1400×1050, though the viewing angle could be better, things get a little washed out form the side, but when working directly with it, it’s great. You can burn cds, though the included cd drive is external (though quite small)

I’m not sure who to blame on this though – the pressure sensitivity does NOT work with Photoshop ;/ This makes little sense to me why out of all programs, photoshop won’t work with it ;( It’s Wacom technology, why would they program it to not be recognized in photoshop?

odd odd odd….
PC
Pierre_Courtejoie
Jun 23, 2004
Good and bad news… Have you tried to upgrade the Wacom drivers? (if there are some included?)

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections