PA
Posted By
Peggy Ann Rabalais
Jul 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know how to reset the background defaults when you make a picture package in Photoshop 7.0? Mine was fine until recently and somehow I set the background to a beige color which prints under my pictures. I think it happened when I restored an old photo and made it sepia toned. HELP PLEASE! I can’t get it to go away!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CW
Colin Walls
Jul 10, 2003
If you type D to restore the default white background and then create a new, empty doc, is that pure white?
PA
Peggy Ann Rabalais
Jul 11, 2003
Yes it is – the only time I am having a problem is when I am creating a picture package. When I am ready to print and do a print with preview the beige/cream background does not show in the preview. If I print, the beige cream background prints as the background behind the pictures distorting the color of the photos.
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 11, 2003
When you make a picture package, PS creates a new doc for you, with th epics on one layer and a background plain layer [which should be white]. What colour is yours [on the screen]?

Also, the pics are 100 opaque, so I can’t see how the background colour leeks thru …
PA
Peggy Ann Rabalais
Jul 11, 2003
I think the color is leaking through because the background seems to be the bottom layer, so it is printing the beige/cream background and the pictures atop. I have just opened Photoshop, went to file, automate, picture package…the program opens a new document (background is white) and then reopens the pictures from a past picture package I created. These are the old photos which I restored in a sepia tone. I have taken my color picker to ensure that I am REALLY looking at a white background and the RGB numbers are 255 255 255. I deleted the actual background layer and printed the picture package…it still printed a beige/cream background. I am completely baffled.
CW
Colin Walls
Jul 11, 2003
I can suggest 2 things:

1) Reset prefs – always a good standby with PS [see FAQ for instrcutions].

2) Send me a PS file by email [click on my name above here] and I will see what it does for me.
PA
Peggy Ann Rabalais
Jul 11, 2003
I’ve reset prefs to no avail…almost ready to re-install PS. First I’ll e mailing file to you. Thanks a bunch!

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections