TB
Posted By
Terynce_B
Jun 17, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I created an image that’s about 24 MB in size. If you think of a grid that’s 2 X 4, it’s the same image rendered differently. I have 7 of the 8 images in place, thus 7 layers, but when I try to save with the 8th and final picture/layer I get the error: "Could not complete your request because of a program error."

I get the same error when I try to Save As, Save as Copy – jpg, tif, raw, pdf, psd (The image I have so far is saved as psd), as well as when I try to flatten the image. I was able to save something when I tried Save for Web but 1/3 of the image was completely distorted with solid color bands running though it (like when a television network goes off the air and you see the colored strips).

Any ideas how I can get this image to save. I’ve even tried saving the current image I’m working with under a different name, 7 of the 8 pictures, so that I could flatten it, then add the 8th image and flatten again, but I still get the same error. I have over 200 MB of free space on my drive.

Thanks for any help.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 17, 2004
That sounds a lot like something has corrupted memory while you had the image open.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 17, 2004
I have over 200 MB of free space on my drive.

I hope you mean Gig.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 17, 2004
If you only have 200Mb of disk space left, I am surprised you can even run PS with a 24Mb image loaded.
TB
Terynce_B
Jun 17, 2004
So would freeing up more memory allow me to save this image? I have a 40 gig drive, with about 250 free megs now. It would be nice if it were something so simple.

Any other possible explainations if this doesn’t work?

Thanks.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jun 17, 2004
You’ll soon be in trouble anyway with such a small free space.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 17, 2004
get another drive and assign it as your scratch disk. drives are cheap these days!
TB
Terynce_B
Jun 18, 2004
I freed up about a gig, but still get the same error message. Any other ideas?
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 18, 2004
could still be short… make sure you’re ps memory allocation in prefrences is set to about 50%.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections