Posted By
michael staddon
Jul 13, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I recently installed CS2 which seemed fine for the first few days, but now when I click on an image in adobe bridge it opens in paint instead of Photoshop, when I right click on the image to check the programs that I can open it with, CS2 is not there as an option.
I’m tempted to reinstall CS2 but I believe there is a way to specify the program you want it to open in but cannot remember how to do it, can anyone please advise.

Thanks

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
KatWoman
Jul 13, 2005
"michael staddon" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently installed CS2 which seemed fine for the first few days, but now when I click on an image in adobe bridge it opens in paint instead of Photoshop, when I right click on the image to check the programs that I can
open it with, CS2 is not there as an option.
I’m tempted to reinstall CS2 but I believe there is a way to specify the program you want it to open in but cannot remember how to do it, can anyone
please advise.

Thanks
Control panel>folder options>file types
W
Wm
Jul 17, 2005
I’m having the same problem, but Bridge keeps defaulting to Illustrator for me and doesn’t include Photoshop as an option. File types shows Windows Image and Fax Viewer as the only program listed to open JPGs – which works fine if I want to quickly open a pic attached to Email (as it opens very fast compared to the cumbersome load time of CS2), but I don’t understand why Bridge wants to use Illustrator CS…?

Thanx,
Wm

"KatWoman" wrote in message
Hi,

I recently installed CS2 which seemed fine for the first few days, but now
when I click on an image in adobe bridge it opens in paint instead of Photoshop, when I right click on the image to check the programs that I can
I’m tempted to reinstall CS2 but I believe there is a way to specify the program you want it to open in but cannot remember how to do it, can anyone
please advise.

Thanks
Control panel>folder options>file types
Z
zoete
Dec 2, 2005
while in Adobe Bridge

go to EDIT > Preferences
and under File Associations….

change the JPEG (.jpg, .jpeg, .jpe) and JPEG 2000 (.jpf, .jpx, .jp2, ..jpc, .j2c)

to use Adove Photoshop CS2

and that should make Adobe Bridge opne the files with Adobe Photshop CS2

Have fun

Hi,

I recently installed CS2 which seemed fine for the first few days, but now when I click on an image in adobe bridge it opens in paint instead of Photoshop, when I right click on the image to check the programs that I can
please advise.

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections