how much do people make? and how to negotiate for a raise?

J
Posted By
jrzyguy
Jun 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have been working in presentation center for a major investment bank for nearly 10 years….and am in desperate need of a raise.

When i started i didnt know squat….so i took a very low rate. Now nearly 10 years later i am making about 60k.

I know this is kinda rude question…but if folks could tell me what i should be looking for in compensation (and ways to provide reasons for…say…10k more) i would really appreciate it.

I am quite strong in photoshop, illustrator, corelDraw. Frequently design custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have experience with Flash, Director and Dreamweaver….but those skills are rotting these days.

Ok…dont want to rant on too much here…but was just wondrin’ if i could get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TH
Tony Hwang
Jun 12, 2005
jrzyguy wrote:

I have been working in presentation center for a major investment bank for nearly 10 years….and am in desperate need of a raise.

When i started i didnt know squat….so i took a very low rate. Now nearly 10 years later i am making about 60k.

I know this is kinda rude question…but if folks could tell me what i should be looking for in compensation (and ways to provide reasons for…say…10k more) i would really appreciate it.

I am quite strong in photoshop, illustrator, corelDraw. Frequently design custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have experience with Flash, Director and Dreamweaver….but those skills are rotting these days.

Ok…dont want to rant on too much here…but was just wondrin’ if i could get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj
Hi,
Key word is "Pay for performance" You gotta have measurable improving performance on your job. They pay you according to your value to your employer. This things are discussed in your regular performance review. (semi-annual or quarterly or according to your company policy). Good communication/politics skill is a must.
What you think of your value does not count. What employer thinks of you counts.
Tony
R
Rick
Jun 13, 2005
"jrzyguy" wrote in message
| I have been working in presentation center for a major investment bank for | nearly 10 years….and am in desperate need of a raise. |
| When i started i didnt know squat….so i took a very low rate. Now nearly
| 10 years later i am making about 60k.
|
| I know this is kinda rude question…but if folks could tell me what i | should be looking for in compensation (and ways to provide reasons | for…say…10k more) i would really appreciate it.
|
| I am quite strong in photoshop, illustrator, corelDraw. Frequently design | custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and | pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have | experience with Flash, Director and Dreamweaver….but those skills are | rotting these days.
|
| Ok…dont want to rant on too much here…but was just wondrin’ if i could | get some advise 🙂
|

Two questions. 1) can they get the job done for the same or less money by someone else? 2) can you find a better a better deal elsewhere.
DH
Dennis Hughes
Jun 13, 2005
Are you a member of any professional associations? Could they help with some type of salary survey?

What are your contemporaries in your presentation center making? Is their scale comparable to yours for those with similar experience?

Have you thought about circulating your resume with your increased salary requirements? If you get an offer at your desired salary level, that is a pretty good lever with your current employer.

Good luck,

Dennis

When i started i didnt know squat….so i took a very low rate. Now nearly
10 years later i am making about 60k.

thanks

jj

B
BubblyBabs
Jun 13, 2005
In the previous message jrzyguy wrote:

I am quite strong in photoshop, illustrator, corelDraw. Frequently design custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have experience with Flash, Director and
Dreamweaver….but those skills are rotting these days.

thanks

jj

Not to knock you or anything but I’m a nurse (LPNCC) (for over 11 years now) on a Critical Care floor and I barely make over 30K with overtime… I got into the wrong business for sure… I clean poop and vomit, get hit, yelled at, and have suspicious family members hanging over me sure that I’m going to kill their loved one, and I rarely feel appreciated…

Does one need to have a college degree to get a nice job in graphic design? And what products should a person be proficient in to market themselves?

Thanks,
Babs
N
noone
Jun 13, 2005
In article <QXhre.2692$>,
says…
[SNIP]
Not to knock you or anything but I’m a nurse (LPNCC) (for over 11 years now) on a Critical Care floor and I barely make over 30K with overtime… I got into the wrong business for sure… I clean poop and vomit, get hit, yelled at, and have suspicious family members hanging over me sure that I’m going to kill their loved one, and I rarely feel appreciated…
Does one need to have a college degree to get a nice job in graphic design? And what products should a person be proficient in to market themselves?
Thanks,
Babs

Babs, I’m really going OT here, but… depending on where you are located, have you considered getting your MS-RN? In much of US (don’t know how it is internationally), RNs are in great demand. With 11 years of clinical experience, you could be earning ~US$120k, PLUS ot and bonuses in western US. Also, many schools of nursing will allow "challenges" for work experience – a MS-RN might not be as far away as you think. Plus, there are tons of federal and private grants available for RN schooling.

OK, back to PS!

Hunt
B
BubblyBabs
Jun 13, 2005
In the previous message Hunt wrote:

says…
[SNIP]

Thanks,
Babs

Babs, I’m really going OT here, but… depending on where you are located, have you considered getting your MS-RN? In much of US (don’t know how it is internationally), RNs are in great demand. With 11 years of clinical experience, you could be earning ~US$120k, PLUS ot and bonuses in western US. Also, many schools of nursing will allow "challenges" for work experience – a MS-RN might not be as far away as you think. Plus, there are tons of federal and private grants available for RN schooling.

OK, back to PS!

Hunt

Hi Hunt,

Thanks for that info, yes, I’m aware of the need for RNs but I think the part where I said:
"I clean poop and vomit, get hit, yelled at, and have suspicious family members hanging over me sure that I’m going to kill their loved one, and I rarely feel appreciated"
kind of says that I’m not really interested in nursing anymore… I can get paid more as an RN but will I truly be happy? I enjoy sitting at the computer far more and I love making graphics so that’s why I thought of asking about how to get into that field… I think I’d be happy making 60K or even 40K (of course I’d rather the former!) working with my Photoshop and Illustrator and other graphic programs…

To be honest, nursing is a fascinating field, there’s always something to learn but I’m burnt out… It’s very physical and you’ve got doctors and administration and family members down your neck, you’ve got manipulative nasty patients to attempt to please, there’s constant change so you never quite feel caught up, and you’re always worried about being sued over some little thing (I’m lucky, I’ve never been sued *knocking wildly on wood*) and you hope a big major catastrophe doesn’t occur during your nursing career… You have to constantly chart because "if it wasn’t charted it wasn’t done" as they drill into you so you spend countless hours charting with people staring you down figuring you are sitting at the desk doing nothing… And heaven forbid if you should try to eat your lunch or take some type of break… Every once in a while you feel you’ve pleased someone and then half of those people you find out were nice to your face and then complained about you to administration the next day… But, as I said, I’m burnt out and I can only see the unpleasant side of my job right now… I smile and am cheerful to my patients and their families but behind the smiling mask I’m cautious and leary… And the nursing shortage is going to get worse they say…

Anyway, I’m getting into a whine session which is very unprofessional… I was just wondering about the alternate career thing…

Babs
E
eh
Jun 13, 2005
salary.com

When i started i didnt know squat….so i took a very low rate. Now
nearly

thanks

jj

K
KatWoman
Jun 13, 2005
I

thanks

jj
have no idea how to answer your salary question.

I am a freelancer who charges $50 per hour for that type of work including lots of unbilled learning time, paying self employment taxes, no benefits included, have to buy my own computer and software. And not always steady work.

So in addition to money do you get health insurance? you do get half your taxes paid by employer? do you have job security? Good relationships with the people you work with?

some things are worth more than money and 60k isn’t chump change.
H
Hecate
Jun 13, 2005
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 12:38:19 -0500, "BubblyBabs" wrote:

Anyway, I’m getting into a whine session which is very unprofessional… I was just wondering about the alternate career thing…
Hi Babs,

Really sorry you feel that way. Hospitals and I are on familiar terms and the nurses I meet (In the UK) are great, as I’m sure you are. They’re also underpaid and overworked. As far as I’m concerned I’d willingly pay more tax to double their salaries (of course, my personal preference would be to sack nearly all the administrators and give the money to the nurses instead <g>).

If it’s any encouragement I have worked in:

Biochemistry; photography; finance; computing; and back to photography (for various reasons including illness precluding photography for a time). Multi-careers are all the rage so I hear, so you should be able to do it if you’re prepared to learn, take classes and put the time in. The flip side is the time, of course, as you presumably need to continue as a nurse. It’s a bit of a catch-22, but it can be done. Good Luck anyway.

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
S
Scruff
Jun 13, 2005
Yes, please get out of nursing. I’d hate to have you tending one of my kids.

"BubblyBabs" wrote in message
I’m burnt out… Babs
TH
Tony Hwang
Jun 14, 2005
BubblyBabs wrote:

I am quite strong in photoshop, illustrator, corelDraw. Frequently design custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have experience with Flash, Director and
Dreamweaver….but those skills are rotting these days.

thanks

jj

Thanks,
Babs
Hi,
Yes. If you move up yourself with little more work, say become a R.N. It’ll make substantial difference. First of all you gotta like what you do. Of course degree makes difference. In todays’ market, master’s or PhD is pretty well needed to go ahy where and improving/learning never ends in our life. I am 65, retired EE, I am going back to U. As a senior tuition is exempt now.
Tony
B
BubblyBabs
Jun 14, 2005
In the previous message Scruff Get @ Grip wrote:

Thanks, you’ve just proved my point about the people I have to deal with…

Babs
B
BubblyBabs
Jun 14, 2005
.. As far as I’m concerned I’d
willingly pay more tax to double their salaries

Actually, I don’t even want more pay… I want fewer patients so I can take care of them correctly… I don’t think that that’s too much to ask… You can tell the nurses who are in it for the money – they don’t go that extra mile or are off the floor all the time taking breaks, etc…

(of course, my
personal preference would be to sack nearly all the administrators and give the money to the nurses instead <g>).

I don’t want to put them out of their jobs but I think a pay cut would be a good idea…
🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Biochemistry; photography; finance; computing; and back to photography (for various reasons including illness precluding photography for a time). Multi-careers are all the rage so I hear, so you should be able to do it if you’re prepared to learn, take classes and put the time in. The flip side is the time, of course, as you presumably need to continue as a nurse. It’s a bit of a catch-22, but it can be done. Good Luck anyway.

Thanks… Why did you leave biochemistry? What did you do? Babs
S
Scruff
Jun 14, 2005

Thanks, you’ve just proved my point about the people I have to deal
with…
Babs

And you’ve scared the hell out of me to have to trust someone in a hospital. Seriously, please get out of the biz. I’d hate to have you go crazy and start injecting
people with who knows what.
Better yet take your pity party somewhere else or start talking about PS. Even better yet, shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that you even have a job.
B
BubblyBabs
Jun 14, 2005

"BubblyBabs" wrote in

Thanks, you’ve just proved my point about the people I have to deal with…

Babs

And you’ve scared the hell out of me to have to trust someone in a hospital. Seriously, please get out of the biz. I’d hate to have you go crazy and start injecting

You mean, "go postal"? That’s a personality flaw I don’t have and who are you to say something like that to me? Go to a hospital and watch the nurses someday and you’ll see what I mean… Until you are in someone elses shoes don’t call them a liar… This is one reason why nurses are leaving the profession – they are so underrated and underappreciated and abused by people like you… I bet you think we sit on our butts doing nothing all day, right? We just pass a few pills and fluff a few pillows, right?

Babs

Better yet take your pity party somewhere else or start talking about PS. Even better yet, shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that you even have a job.

Reread my original post…
FN
Flo Nelson
Jun 14, 2005

says…
[SNIP]

Anyway, I’m getting into a whine session which is very unprofessional… I
was just wondering about the alternate career thing…

Babs

I can totally relate and sympathize with you – I’m an ex ICU nurse who had to give up nursing due to being injured by a patient. I loved my job but it was hard – and, obviously, dangerous. Besides the injury, had tests for HIV due to a blood exposure from a patient while trying to save his life. And I know for a fact that nurses in most hospitals in my area have a heavier patient load than they did 10 years ago – they barely have time to think.

I’d suggest looking into online classes – there are several places that offer them now and that would make it easier to continue working while exploring a new career. Good luck!

Flo

Flo
S
Scruff
Jun 14, 2005

You mean, "go postal"?
Wow, I never mentioned "postal". You just did. Very scary. It seems you may be going crazy.

This is one reason why nurses are leaving the
profession – they are so underrated and underappreciated and abused by people like you…
You’re a moron. You don’t know me or what I do, or my opinion of the medical field, nor will you.
However, you’ve poured your whole drama into a Photoshop newsgroup that could care less.
So seriously. Fuck off

I bet you think we sit on our butts doing nothing all
day, right? We just pass a few pills and fluff a few pillows, right?

Nobody is downing the nursing profession but you. Read your own posts. What are you doing,
dipping into the pill cabinet?

Reread my original post…
Reread you own lame posts. You are the problem with nursing.

Now, go find a "I hate my job" newsgroup.
D
Dave
Jun 14, 2005
Scruff wrote:

with…

Babs

ASSHOLE
HL
Harry Limey
Jun 14, 2005
Hi Babs

I am not going to reprint all the invective from our resident moron!! but I would ignore him if I were you, he does after all correspond frequently with the other major moron on the ng.

Harry
H
Hecate
Jun 14, 2005
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:29:31 -0400, "Scruff" <Get @ Grip> wrote:

with…
Babs

When you’ve done that sort of job for a couple of months you may have some small understanding at to the pressures involved. Until you have worked under that sort of pressure, where lives are at stake, I suggest you shut the f**k up and go play with your friend NoName.

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Jun 14, 2005
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:33:15 -0500, "BubblyBabs" wrote:

Thanks… Why did you leave biochemistry? What did you do? Babs
It was my degree subject. I left it because whilst I was taking the degree, it being a subject that works at the subcellular level, I was OK. The nearest I came to any animal was a gland, like the liver. Which you ground, centrifuged, etc to gain access to cell matter. When I found that, unless I concentrated on genetics, which I didn’t want to do at the time (though it fascinates me now) I was going to have to kill animals, I left. I accept that it’s sometimes necessary in medical research, though I’m very dubious about the assumption that animal results relate in any way to human results. Different animals 😉

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Jun 14, 2005
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 15:35:31 -0400, "Scruff" <Get @ Grip> wrote:

Better still why don’t you piss off and take your misogynistic, misanthropic crap and spout it to someone who actually thinks you have anything interesting to say. And try and lift your IQ above your shoe size while you’re at it.

Hecate – The Real One

B
BubblyBabs
Jun 14, 2005
In the previous message Harry Limey harrylimey[@]lycos.co.uk wrote:

Hi Babs

I am not going to reprint all the invective from our resident moron!! but I would ignore him if I were you, he does after all correspond frequently with the other major moron on the ng.

Harry

Thanks hon, he’s been killfiled since my last response to him… Babs
S
Scruff
Jun 15, 2005
—– Original Message —–
Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Now very OT Re: Added question Re:

Better still why don’t you piss off and take your misogynistic, misanthropic crap and spout it to someone who actually thinks you have anything interesting to say. And try and lift your IQ above your shoe size while you’re at it.

Damn Hecate, I’m surprised to see you sucked in by a drama queen nurse who hates her job and wants to have a big photo shop pity party, which by your standards
is waaaay off topic, since I’ve seen you flip out over the same kind of tripe before.
I guess that crap is what YOU decided is ok here just because you find it interesting or
the fact that it’s another woman? You’re not hitting on her are ya?
S
Scruff
Jun 15, 2005
"Dave" wrote in message
Scruff wrote:
"BubblyBabs" wrote in

with…

Babs

And you’ve scared the hell out of me to have to trust someone in a
hospital.
Seriously, please get out of the biz. I’d hate to have you go crazy and start injecting
Better yet take your pity party somewhere else or start talking about
PS.
Even better yet, shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that you even
have
a job.
ASSHOLE

RECTUM
S
Scruff
Jun 15, 2005
"Hypocrate" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:29:31 -0400, "Scruff" <Get @ Grip> wrote:

with…
Babs

And you’ve scared the hell out of me to have to trust someone in a
hospital.
Seriously, please get out of the biz. I’d hate to have you go crazy and start injecting
Better yet take your pity party somewhere else or start talking about PS. Even better yet, shut the hell up and appreciate the fact that you even
have
a job.
When you’ve done that sort of job for a couple of months you may have some small understanding at to the pressures involved. Until you have worked under that sort of pressure, where lives are at stake, I suggest you shut the f**k up and go play with your friend NoName.

I guess babblesalot can’t handle the pressure either, which is exactly why I advised her to get out of nursing. All she has done is sucked you in to her little off topic pity party.
I thought you were smarter than that, since you consistently preach about spam and off topic subjects.
H
Hecate
Jun 15, 2005
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:22:53 -0400, "Scruff" <Get @ Grip> wrote:

I guess babblesalot can’t handle the pressure either, which is exactly why I advised her to get out of nursing. All she has done is sucked you in to her little off topic pity party.
I thought you were smarter than that, since you consistently preach about spam and off topic subjects.
We get OT subjects here a lot. I never complain about OT subjects. Spam is something different – idiots using my bandwidth to flood newsgroups with their sales pitch. The exact same people who flood mailboxes with their crap as well. As far as I’m concerned taking them out and shooting them is *way* too good for them.

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Jun 15, 2005
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:16:36 -0400, "Scruff" <Get @ Grip> wrote:

—– Original Message —–
Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: Now very OT Re: Added question Re:

Damn Hecate, I’m surprised to see you sucked in by a drama queen nurse who hates her job and wants to have a big photo shop pity party, which by your standards
is waaaay off topic, since I’ve seen you flip out over the same kind of tripe before.
I guess that crap is what YOU decided is ok here just because you find it interesting or
the fact that it’s another woman? You’re not hitting on her are ya?
As I said before, I rarely object to OT posts in what is, after all, an alt group (if it had been posted in comp.graphics.Photoshop I would have objected). I do, however, object to spammers and their supporters who cost us all money, time and bandwidth and deserve and early and painful death.

Hecate – The Real One

S
Scruff
Jun 15, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:22:53 -0400, "Scruff" <Get @ Grip> wrote:

I guess babblesalot can’t handle the pressure either, which is exactly
why I
advised her to get out of nursing. All she has done is sucked you in to
her
little off topic pity party.
We get OT subjects here a lot. I never complain about OT subjects. Spam is something different – idiots using my bandwidth to flood newsgroups with their sales pitch. The exact same people who flood mailboxes with their crap as well. As far as I’m concerned taking them out and shooting them is *way* too good for them.

Hecate – The Real One

There is hardly any spam her compared to off topic bs.
I don’t even really care about that either, but I’ll sure comment on it if it’s lame
as babblesalot’s posts. She’s a pity party troll.
TP
Terry Pinnel
Jun 16, 2005
in article , Hecate at
wrote on 06/15/2005 2:17 PM:

I never complain about OT subjects.

You just whine about "ArtistMike"… you really should just move on.

Spam is something different – idiots using my bandwidth to flood newsgroups with their sales pitch.

It’s not only yours, it’s everyone’s that pays to access it and use it. You don’t get to decide how they use it though.

As far as I’m concerned taking them
out and shooting them is *way* too good for them.

blah blah blah
TP
Terry Pinnel
Jun 16, 2005
in article , Hecate at
wrote on 06/15/2005 2:20 PM:

…. deserve and early and
painful death.

Your fantasies are irrelevant.
S
Scruff
Jun 16, 2005
"Terry Pinnel" wrote in message
in article , Hecate at

Spam is something different – idiots using my bandwidth to flood newsgroups with their sales pitch.

It’s not only yours, it’s everyone’s that pays to access it and use it.
You
don’t get to decide how they use it though.

WAIT! You mean hecate doesn’t own the internet? She owns AGP though, right? lol
MM
Muddy_Muddle-Mumbler
Jun 16, 2005
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:25:59 -0700, Terry Pinnel
wrote:

blah blah blah

thats about it.

you have to wonder, how many of these "people" that pop up and "defend" a troll like ArtistMike, to free speech, or the protection of spamming rights, are actually sock-puppets of the trolls themselves.
H
Hecate
Jun 16, 2005
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:25:59 -0700, Terry Pinnel
wrote:

in article , Hecate at

Oh Mikey, you keep replying to me. Like you or I care…

Hecate – The Real One

H
Hecate
Jun 16, 2005
On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 17:27:20 -0700, Terry Pinnel
wrote:

in article , Hecate at
wrote on 06/15/2005 2:20 PM:

…. deserve and early and
painful death.

Your fantasies are irrelevant.
As are you Mikey.

Hey, by the way, are you stalking me again? I just wondered because you seem to be replying to me and it seems you want to play sweetie…

Hecate – The Real One

TH
Tony Hwang
Jun 17, 2005
KatWoman wrote:
I

thanks

jj

I am a freelancer who charges $50 per hour for that type of work including lots of unbilled learning time, paying self employment taxes, no benefits included, have to buy my own computer and software. And not always steady work.

So in addition to money do you get health insurance? you do get half your taxes paid by employer? do you have job security? Good relationships with the people you work with?

Hmmm,
If I get called out, 250.00/hr. minimum two hours plus T&L. It all depends what you do and how good and rare your skill is. I am sure there are people who make LOT more than we do per hour. Tony
F
FlippyTheCat
Jun 17, 2005
in article , Hecate at
wrote on 06/16/2005 3:16 PM:

Oh Mikey, you keep replying to me. Like you or I care…

I am sure that "Mike" enjoys his Net Toys… you are a good one that keeps coming back for more.
K
KatWoman
Jun 17, 2005
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
I

I have been working in presentation center for a major investment bank for
nearly 10 years….and am in desperate need of a raise.

I am quite strong in photoshop, illustrator, corelDraw. Frequently design
custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have experience with Flash, Director and Dreamweaver….but those skills are rotting these days.

Ok…dont want to rant on too much here…but was just wondrin’ if i could
get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj

Hmmm,
If I get called out, 250.00/hr. minimum two hours plus T&L. It all depends what you do and how good and rare your skill is. I am sure there are people who make LOT more than we do per hour. Tony
K
KatWoman
Jun 17, 2005
KatWoman wrote:
I

custom designs and templates using PS for PowerPoint presentations and pitchbooks. I also design invitations, brochures etc. I also have experience with Flash, Director and Dreamweaver….but those skills are rotting these days.

get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj

Hmmm,
K
KatWoman
Jun 17, 2005
KatWoman wrote:
I

get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj

Hmmm,

Well I only do photo retouching and have some very primitive print layout & web skills.
I am a beginner in Illy, don’t know Corel at all, I can make some template stuff from MM Flash. For websites I use FrontPage with extensive edit to the graphics parts. I am getting print and web jobs because some of my clients like my design ideas, I do have a degree in fine arts but from before the computer was a factor. I have had to sort of learn by doing, I don’t have to travel to them either, they come over to my house (no dressing up, no commutes) The last job I had to make a package design in Illy, I almost freaked, cause I had never used it before. it was not perfect but the client didn’t notice.
If you are formally trained and experienced you deserve to make more than I do.
K
KatWoman
Jun 17, 2005
sorry for the triple posts, my mouse is dying and keeps double clicking when I am single clicking

"KatWoman" wrote in message
KatWoman wrote:
I

get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj

Hmmm,

Well I only do photo retouching and have some very primitive print layout & web skills.
I am a beginner in Illy, don’t know Corel at all, I can make some template stuff from MM Flash. For websites I use FrontPage with extensive edit to the graphics parts. I am getting print and web jobs because some of my clients like my design ideas, I do have a degree in fine arts but from before the computer was a factor. I have had to sort of learn by doing, I don’t have to travel to them either, they come over to my house (no dressing up, no commutes) The last job I had to make a package design in Illy, I almost freaked, cause I had never used it before. it was not perfect but the client didn’t notice.
K
KatWoman
Jun 17, 2005
KatWoman wrote:
I

get some advise 🙂

thanks

jj

Hmmm,
H
Hecate
Jun 18, 2005
On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 14:21:33 -0400, "KatWoman" wrote:

Experienced yes. Formally trained? If you mean specific Photoshop etc training, maybe. If you mean a degree in media studies I’d rather have the self-trained person any day 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections