Posted By
Maney_Gomes
Jun 13, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,

I found the solution for my dilema and here I am posting it for others who may need the help.

I did not wanted to associate .jpeg with photoshop, but I wanted for photoshop to be my default editing program from windows viewer. The problem was that everything I wanted to open an image that I was viewing using windows image viewer, photoshop would not be listed as one of the open/with preffered applications, instead other less related applications would be listed.

Solution:

Open windows explorer, not (my computer), in the folder mode. go the tools menu, folder options and edit the file extention of your choice, in my case I choose jpg extention to first open with windows viewer, and to be edited with photoshop as the default image editor. Perffect!

maney

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LM
Lynch_Mike
Jun 13, 2004
Solution for file Associations Dilemma!

Open windows explorer, not (my computer), in the folder mode. go the tools menu, folder options and edit the file extension of your choice, in my case I choose jpg extension to first open with windows viewer, and to be edited with photoshop as the default image editor.

Maney,

Thank you for that great tip!
I needed to add the "edit" action to the advanced properties and then browsed to add Photoshop.exe as the associated program. It worked like a charm!
-Mike Lynch
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 13, 2004
One note: My Computer *does* get you to same place, File Types.

M
KA
Ken_Arenson
Jun 16, 2004
How do I stop CS from starting up when I use fax viewer preview [a win XP program]? The "Preview Fax?" button does not give right-click option to de-associate CS.

Is there there some generic way to prevent CS from opening image files by default here, or in every case?

This is part of the same aggravating, piggy, corporate attitude that puts a useless ADOBE folder in My Documents and many subfolders.

Ken Arenson
ken_arenson AT yahoo.ca

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections