Photoshop CS and 7 Liquify, Lens Flare, and Texturizing Not Operating due to "missing module&qu

HR
Posted By
Heath_Rowell
Jun 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I recently purchased Photoshop CS, along with an entirely new and state of the art HP Pavilion Computer. However, I’ve been dissappointed with certain tools not operating correctly. For instance, when attempting to open the Liquify tool, Photoshop CS tells me that "The operation could not be completed successfully. The specified module could not be found."

The problem continues. Everything under Filter>Sketch operates in the same manner, while some things like fibers, lens flare, and others simply do not work — however, they don’t even offer an error message.

Opening Photoshop 7, it operates in the same fashion — most of the filters not operating in the slightest, and the liquify tool giving me a slightly different message "The command could not be completed due to an error with the filter module interface."

I have attempted to uninstall Photoshop CS and reinstall it. This action has delivered no promising results.

I have successfully installed Photoshop CS to my second computer, where all filter options appear to work properly with no problems whatsoever, which gives me the conclusion that there is no error in my installation disk.

Please, can somewhere spread some light on this mystery and tell me what I can do to fix my filters problem?

– Heath Rowell
Collierville, TN

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 12, 2004
do you have all the windows updates to the computer that’s not working? i think it might be worth it to reinstall the xp service pack (sp1) and work up from there. sounds like (since you say you’ve reinstalled cs) some dll or other is screwy.
CC
Chris_Cox
Jun 15, 2004
Yes, either your OS or the Photoshop install is screwed up.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections