LF
Posted By
Larry_Flagg
Jun 12, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a PC 2.53 Ghz 512 RAM, running XP. I have worked on photos taken with my Sony F828 and after working on them I save them as a TIFF in MY DOCUMENTS. When I try to open them, they will only open in Adobe CS, or not at all, saying unknown file.

When I use Adobe 7.0, they open with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. Some of the pictures I try to open after this work in CS will not open at all? Do I have a setting messed up – or why won’t my pictures open as they did in 7.0 in Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer? Thanks for any help, this is really driving me crazy. Larry Flagg

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

LF
Larry_Flagg
Jun 20, 2004
obviously i have hit on one that no one knows the answer??? or no one cares???? thanks anyway – larry
GH
Grass_Hopper
Jun 20, 2004
There is, what I believe is called, max compatibiitiy mode option for saving images. If you *didn’t* use that option, you might have some issues in opening images in previous versions of PS.

Have you tried that feature?
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 20, 2004
is it a tiff with layers? 16 bit? zip compression? might be something you set that’s not supported in most other viewers.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections