M
Posted By
mstembridge
Jun 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve created a simple site layout with a few tabs on either side of the primary content areay. The site wasn’t as hard to create as I first anticipated, however I ran into a problem.

The layout looks great as long as content in the primary table cell (inbetween my two nav bars, and below the site banner), extends below the actual layout.

When this occurs the entire table is stretched vertically so that there are gaps between each navigation button.

There will be a lot of data printed to the primary cell so this will be a common occurance.

Can I code around this without using I-Frames?

Thanks for any tips you provide.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 12, 2004
This is tricky to explain, and impossible to solve without actually knowing some HTML code, and understanding how PS/IR builds your sliced page.

First, PS/IR makes a table of the sliced page. In most cases it will also make a new row and column in the table, so that things line up. The new row at the top is 1 pixel high, the images in the new column (usually at the left) is 1 pixel wide. The height will be the height of this row of the grid.

What you need to do is to make the center area not have a height. As well, you need to find the bottom cell in each tab column and take out the height of it, replacing the pixel dimensions by 100% instead of whatever the number is. You will have to add a background to fill when it stretches, and if there is other content in there, it will have to be valigned to the top.

I did say that it was not simple.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 12, 2004
MS,

Without seeing your code, a general rule-of-thumb is to put elements you want to keep together in their own table within a table cell of the main table.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections