B
Posted By
bobby
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello. I am not a power user of Adobe Photoshop. I have Photoshop 6. I am looking to create a logo with a background that looks like velvet, like part of a velvet curtain.

I would like to know if anyone knows how to do this or if any GOOD plugins exist that will allow me to create velvet and other fabric effects.

Thank you for your help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

C
Charley
Jun 5, 2005
The best (and probably quickest) way to make a background like this that really suits your needs is to get a piece of the velvet that you like and scan it. I once did this with a Scotch tartan for a book cover and the results were perfect. I couldn’t find a plug-in for tartans either and wasted a lot of time looking.

Charley

"bobby" wrote in message
Hello. I am not a power user of Adobe Photoshop. I have Photoshop 6. I am looking to create a logo with a background that looks like velvet, like part of a velvet curtain.

I would like to know if anyone knows how to do this or if any GOOD plugins exist that will allow me to create velvet and other fabric effects.
Thank you for your help.
B
BubblyBabs
Jun 7, 2005
In the previous message Charley wrote:

The best (and probably quickest) way to make a background like this that really suits your needs is to get a piece of the velvet that you like and scan it. I once did this with a Scotch tartan for a book cover and the results were perfect. I couldn’t find a plug-in for tartans either and wasted a lot of time looking.

This isn’t a plugin but a program:
http://www.tartangenerator.com/

The same people also sell a plugin called Fabric Weaver that may be of help to you:
http://www.geomantics.com/
I have this one, it’s fun to play with and makes interesting images…

Babs

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections