Posted By
Tony Hwang
Jun 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,
Couple weeks ago, my daughter’s iBook on OS 9 was stolen and we got Powerbook on OS X as a replacement. She said her old Photoshop does not work on OS X. What is best thing to do to correct this situation. Buy a newer full version Phtoshop 7(?) or CS. Or just get upgrade CD. I am a PC user and not familiar with anything Mac. Any
suggestions/recommendations?
TIA,
Tony

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Jun 4, 2005
Tony Hwang wrote:
Hi,
Couple weeks ago, my daughter’s iBook on OS 9 was stolen and we got Powerbook on OS X as a replacement. She said her old Photoshop does not work on OS X. What is best thing to do to correct this situation. Buy a newer full version Phtoshop 7(?) or CS. Or just get upgrade CD. I am a PC user and not familiar with anything Mac. Any
TIA,
Tony

What version of Photoshop? Pre-7 should run in Classic, if Classic is installed. Photoshop 7 should run in Classic and OS X. CS and up will only run in OS X. She should be able to upgrade form whatever the old version was if she has the proper license info. I’d contact Adobe.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
G
georgie
Jun 4, 2005
"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Hi,
TIA,
Tony

The older version of Photoshop, like v6, will work with OS X under Classic mode (a.k.a. Mac OS 9). Unfortunately, Apple stopped providing Mac OS 9 for free with OS X. You could find Mac OS 9 on eBay, but I recommend you stick with OS X along with OS X native applications.

Photoshop CS is OS X native. The least expensive way to upgrade to the newest version is to sell your current version on eBay, and buy the academic version for your daughter, who I assume is going to school.

g
T
Tacit
Jun 4, 2005
In article <uv8oe.1566452$>,
Tony Hwang wrote:

Couple weeks ago, my daughter’s iBook on OS 9 was stolen and we got Powerbook on OS X as a replacement. She said her old Photoshop does not work on OS X. What is best thing to do to correct this situation. Buy a newer full version Phtoshop 7(?) or CS. Or just get upgrade CD.

A Photoshop upgrade from earlier versions to CS2 is relatively inexpensive.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
T
Tacit
Jun 4, 2005
In article <OGaoe.153$>,
"georgie" wrote:

The older version of Photoshop, like v6, will work with OS X under Classic mode (a.k.a. Mac OS 9). Unfortunately, Apple stopped providing Mac OS 9 for free with OS X. You could find Mac OS 9 on eBay, but I recommend you stick with OS X along with OS X native applications.

Apple still provides Classic with all Apple computers. However, it is not installed by default.

Classic is located on one of the CDs that came with the computer. It’s usually labeled "Additional Software Install," and is sometimes on the same CD as the hardware test. All you need to do is put in that CD and run the "Additional Software install" package.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
TH
Tony Hwang
Jun 4, 2005
georgie wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message

Hi,
TIA,
Tony

Photoshop CS is OS X native. The least expensive way to upgrade to the newest version is to sell your current version on eBay, and buy the academic version for your daughter, who I assume is going to school.
g
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. yes she is a student who travels a lot taking kazillion digital pictures using dSLR.
Tony
G
georgie
Jun 4, 2005
"Tacit" wrote in message
<snip>
Apple still provides Classic with all Apple computers. However, it is not installed by default.

Classic is located on one of the CDs that came with the computer. It’s usually labeled "Additional Software Install," and is sometimes on the same CD as the hardware test. All you need to do is put in that CD and run the "Additional Software install" package.

If this is true for Panther (10.3) and Tiger (10.4), I’m falling off my chair with happiness.

g
T
Tacit
Jun 4, 2005
In article <lnloe.184$>,
"georgie" wrote:

If this is true for Panther (10.3) and Tiger (10.4), I’m falling off my chair with happiness.

Remember, though, the Classic installer does not come 8with OS X*. It comes with a computer.

If you already have an Apple computer, you already have Classic. You will not find another copy of Classic if you buy Panther or Tiger–and you won’t need it, since you already have it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections