PW
Posted By
peter_wellock
Jun 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a grayscale image that I wish to change entirely to R:204. I can obviously change mode from grayscale to RGB but I am not sure how, if at all, to make it the colour I want. Can anyone offer some advice please?

thanks in advance

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2004
image> mode> rgb

then add a hue & saturation adjustment layer (layers palette). check the checkbox to colorize and adjust sliders.
L
LenHewitt
Jun 9, 2004
Or straight fom greyscale Mode>Duotone>Monotone and set the colour to what you want.
PW
peter_wellock
Jun 9, 2004
Many thanks for your quick replies. Took the duotone>monotone option (couldn’t believe I didn’t know that already!) which worked a treat. Dave, I couldn’t quite get to grips with your suggestion as the sliders gave me no control over exact RGB values. Perhaps I was doing something wrong or you are using enhanced features in PS 7 or CS (I am using V6)

Anyway, it worked so no problem. Thanks for the help fellahs.
Jun 9, 2004
Or how about setting your foreground color to R204, and filling the document with the foreground color, mode set to color?

There are numerous ways to accomplish this same thing (as these answers have demonstrated), one of the things I love about Photoshop is there’s almost always at least three or four completely different ways of getting to the same result.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections