C
Posted By
ChrisM8834
May 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m about to purchase a legitimate Photoshop CS2 from an online seller, and want to have a couple of questions clarified first. How many different versions of CS2 are available in the US, and how are they identified? With CS already installed on my PC, is it possible to install CS2 without uninstalling CS? IOW, is it possible to run CS and CS2 side by side? Thanks.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CW
C Wright
May 21, 2005
On 5/21/05 7:09 AM, in article ,
"" wrote:

I’m about to purchase a legitimate Photoshop CS2 from an online seller, and want to have a couple of questions clarified first. How many different versions of CS2 are available in the US, and how are they identified? With CS already installed on my PC, is it possible to install CS2 without uninstalling CS? IOW, is it possible to run CS and CS2 side by side? Thanks.

Since your version question seems to apply just to Photoshop and not the whole CS suite I believe the answer to your question would be that there are two – the the full version (for those not upgrading from a previous version) and the upgrade version. The upgrade version has everything that the ‘full’ version does, the only difference is that it expects you to have a registered previous version.
The default install routine for CS2 is to install in a folder with CS2 in the name so as to leave existing installations alone. So, yes, you can install CS2 and continue to run it with CS side by side. Chuck
T
Tacit
May 21, 2005
In article , wrote:

I’m about to purchase a legitimate Photoshop CS2 from an online seller, and want to have a couple of questions clarified first. How many different versions of CS2 are available in the US,…

Adobe CS is available in "standard" and "professional" versions (the difference being that the standard version does not include all the components, such as Adobe Acrobat Professional), and with "upgrade" and "full install" licenses. Cross-platform upgrade licenses are also available, though only directly from Adobe.

and how are they
identified?

CS2 Standard Upgrade, CS2 Standard Full, CS2 Professional Upgrade, and CS2 Professional Full.

With CS already installed on my PC, is it possible to
install CS2 without uninstalling CS? IOW, is it possible to run CS and CS2 side by side? Thanks.

Yes. Installing CS2 will not disturb or in any way affect your existing CS installation.

Art, photography, shareware, polyamory, literature, kink: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
N
noone
Jun 2, 2005
In article , says…

As stated, you can have both versions on your machine, as I do on the laptop, though I have never tried running both simultaneously. On a workstation, I even still have 7.0.1 and 4.x (a single client needs an effect whose method was changed in v5), and all function quite well.

One caveat is to the "legitimate" nature of the copy you are buying online. If it is from an actual re-seller, all should be good, if not, and it is a German "OEM," or somesuch, you might not be able to register it, even if they do provide you with a key, or a crack. What you get will most likely be predicated directly on how much you spend for the program. Check out the online seller, if you have any doubts.

Hunt
N
noone
Jun 2, 2005
In article , says…

As stated, you can have both versions on your machine, as I do on the laptop, though I have never tried running both simultaneously. On a workstation, I even still have 7.0.1 and 4.x (a single client needs an effect whose method was changed in v5), and all function quite well.

One caveat is to the "legitimate" nature of the copy you are buying online. If it is from an actual re-seller, all should be good, if not, and it is a German "OEM," or somesuch, you might not be able to register it, even if they do provide you with a key, or a crack. What you get will most likely be predicated directly on how much you spend for the program. Check out the online seller, if you have any doubts.

Hunt

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections