Stewy
May 20, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
In article <1Qwja.15559$>,
"Eyron" wrote:

I currently use a 70-300G Nikon lense with a 6T for macro work with my Nikon F80.
I understand that I can get to a max. of 1:1 magnification this way. If I add my 2X extender will that give me 2:1 max?

Also I have a Fuji S2 Pro.
With the same setup would I get 1.5:1 without the extender and 3:1 with it because of the size of the ccd? (ccd is 2/3 size of film)

Depends what you mean by macro. With film it’s easy – is the resulting image bigger or smaller than the negative size?

Digital is a bit more different as you tend to reduce, not enlarge – assuming the screen resolution to be 72 pixels per inch.

Macro assumes 1:1 or greater. Macro works best when the depth of field is greatest and most of the subject is in focus. Add-on lenses tend to reduce DOF as does enlarging the aperture.
My advice would be shoot at maximum megapixel size your camera can handle and crop down to the main subject – this will determine what size you can print.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections