R
Posted By
radii
Jun 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
as topic. i lost the main .exe program and couldn’t uninstall it from remove program thing as i need to ‘update using the creative suite installer’.

now i don’t even have the CS folder nor any photoshop image left coz i followed instructions on adobe to manualli remove it.

BUT. i still have 6.90MB of photoshop left and i don’t freaking know where that is hiding.

can anyone help me coz i reali need to get a few layouts done with photoshop.

thx everyone for reading through this.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

DM
dave_milbut
Jun 6, 2004
hidden files turned on in explorer. look under documents and settings\your user name\application data\adobe.
DJ
dennis_johnson
Jun 6, 2004
As you state that you "need to get a few layouts done", I guess you mean you want to reinstall Photoshop.

Can’t you just run the installer again?

Your post is a little difficult to understand.
R
radii
Jun 7, 2004
dave: i’ve already deleted the adobe file under application data but there’s still these 6.90MB of photoshop stuck

dennis: the installer wouldn’t work coz the ‘stand alone program’ couldn’t start without the photoshop cleared.

thx for replying.
DJ
dennis_johnson
Jun 7, 2004
There aren’t 6.9MB of data in the Photoshop folder nested in the "Application Data" folder. Where are you seeing this 6.9MB of Photoshop?

And why not delete it, wherever it is, and just start over?
R
radii
Jun 7, 2004
got the number 6.9MB from the change/remove programs window and no i couldn’t remove it from there cuz it wouldn’t allow me to.

it tells me that it has been installed with creative suite installer and could only be updated by the creative suite installer, which i already lost.

so am i basicali stuck with a dead photoshop?
DJ
dennis_johnson
Jun 8, 2004
I suppose I might be accused of letting the rather tall, teetering brick wall go ahead and fall on me, but I take it from your last post that you do not have an install disc for Photoshop (or the Creative Suite)?

Without an install disc, it is likely that you are indeed stuck with a dead Photoshop.
R
radii
Jun 8, 2004
true i used it to install then lent it to a friend of mine who lost it in return >=\

with ftp another friend of mine gave me an installer so i could reintall it but it just wouldn’t work without uninstalling it.

is there any other way to clear it off my computer?
Jun 8, 2004
radii wrote:
true i used it to install then lent it to a friend of mine who lost it in return >=\

Serves you right then for giving away software.
R
radii
Jun 8, 2004
timothy: sorry but may you please, PLease read carefully? i did NOT use pirated software. i bought it with 13 crisp 100 notes like everyone here did, installed it, lost the CD itself and that is all.

brian: in fact henry was the one who recommended creative suite to me as i saw the layouts he did and asked him which program he uses. he asked me for the CD sometime later after i bought and installed it. i saw his layouts b4 and i’m pretty sure he had one so it wasn’t a free give away of the program.

whew. now. could anyone please, please find a solution instead of shouting these ‘serves you right’ comments that requires storytelling abilities which i’m known to lack?
HK
Harron_K._Appleman
Jun 8, 2004
Rad,

I recommend you reformat your hard drive.

=-= Harron =-=
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 8, 2004
i bought it with 13 crisp 100 notes like everyone here did, installed it, lost the CD itself and that is all.

call adobe. they’ll send you a replacement for a nominal fee (shipping).
GC
Glen Corlin
Jun 8, 2004
Can you do a restore to before you lost it? That might bring it back enough to uninstall.

Glen Corlin
21st Century Schizoid Man

wrote in message
as topic. i lost the main .exe program and couldn’t uninstall it from
remove program thing as i need to ‘update using the creative suite installer’.
now i don’t even have the CS folder nor any photoshop image left coz i
followed instructions on adobe to manualli remove it.
BUT. i still have 6.90MB of photoshop left and i don’t freaking know where
that is hiding.
can anyone help me coz i reali need to get a few layouts done with
photoshop.
thx everyone for reading through this.
DM
Don_McCahill
Jun 8, 2004
I doubt Adobe will be very sympathetic when they found out "how" he lost the disk.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2004
Good point. You better lie.

Right. The dog ait me disk. Arrgh!
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2004
aye, ‘e’s a scurvy dog. arrrrgh!
R
radii
Jun 9, 2004
argh. but i gave it to him just bcoz he lost *his* when he moved houses, and his computer had to be reset after the move.

thanks for the help though everyone. i’ll mail them and ask for a replacement disk then. going through all those trouble just for a disk.

as for those who still think that i’m a dumbsheet pirate. sorry for the misunderstanding but that is all i can say.

thanks again everyone.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2004
no prob. like i said, call adobe, you’ll get much quicker service than if you mail them. if you registered and they have you on file, they’ll get a disk out to you right away. could be only a day or 3.
Jun 9, 2004
Both of which would be illegal.

Well, not if his story is true, that his buddy owns a license and lost his disc – you’re paying for the license, not the CD. I install every workstation we have from the same physical CD and just enter the appropriate S/N (for those apps where we don’t have a site license, that is).
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 9, 2004
good point brian.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections